New Yonex Muscle Power 22

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yobujji, Apr 6, 2003.

1. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum and would like to know the opinions of the "experts" arnd here abt the new Yonex Muscle power 22 racquet. I ordered one yesterday (for arnd $70) and to me that seems to be cheapest of the muscle power series and a 2003 model. I have been playing this sport for quite sometime now and very regularly for the last 2 or 3 years. I consider myself to be an intermediate to an advanced player (with all modesty :)) ,and read some reviews abt Muscle power series racquets being suitable for offensive players who wud like to have more power on their smashes. Thats the primary reason for me chossing this one. But it seems to be quite new and cudnt find much details abt it on the net. Surprisingly, the yonex site didnt carry this model. Wud be welcome to any suggestions/opinions on this.

ciao

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

3. slacker4lyfe

slacker4lyfe Regular Member

Student
    you'll do fine with the muscle power 22. it's not the racket that makes the player, but the player that makes the racket.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well said. the racket don't generate any power, your arm and wrist do. so i'd say go for whatever you like and play!

5. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    Thanx yodums for the link. i got alot of info frm it. i cudnt expend an other 20 bucks for the 33 and hence went along with the 22. (no job yet :( ). i guess i had to sacrifice a li'l bit on the stiffness.

slacker4lyfe and kwun, thx for ur posts 2.

6. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I was at Sembawang Shopping Centre yesterday here in Singapore. (Most Singapore shuttles know about this place) And as i usually do, i went through all the rackets that were up for sale just seeing if there was anything interesting. Yes, there was the usual Ti-10, MP100, MP99 and some other lower end rackets. But no MP77!!!! :(

And i saw the Yonex MP22, MP24 and MP27 if i'm not wrong.... From a distance, they looked quite impressive, i was like "wow, new rackets....". But after picking it up and swinging it around a bit, it felt like the MP equivalents to your Cab8000s and Iso25s etc.....

But like Kwun said, its your arm and wrist that generate the power, not to mension technique. So don't worry what racket u choose to play with. You'll definately get power out of it..... ;)

7. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    I definitely hope so. I am getting the MP 22 tday and quite excited abt it. will sure know soon how i feel with it.

8. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Don't worry man... ;)

Your gonna have an MP22 with a larger sweet spot, an isometric head shape with a muscle power frame. My Cab20 doesn't have any of that..... ;) :D

9. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

That's what cash is for man!!! :) *Chants upgrade, upgrade upgrade!* :)

10. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    Damn!!! They screwed up my order. got my racquets on friday. but guess what? they were not strung.:( . i had to return and wait for the one that has strings on it, hopefully. looked pretty gud w/o the strings.;) toooo baddd.

byro, guess its time for ur upgrade. gud luck on that.

11. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Wow dude! You've got patience! Even though it wouldn't have come strung I would have got it done locally for the additional cash and played with it immediatly. I don't have much will power when it comes to badminton :)

12. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    hehe yodums, but he paid for it might as well

13. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Ya.. well hopefully it wasn't online since you have to deal with shipping but at the sametime you could've strung it. If it was local then no biggy. I guess if it was logo I'd go back and complain.

14. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    yeah, i sure paid for the strings too!!! didnt I? moreover, dont quite know any proper place nearby to get the strings done. had to play with my old racquets this weekend. :(

i dont have much will power either. but ordered it online and the shop is 7 hrs away frm my place. almost felt like driving all the way to get it changed.;)

15. Kuraisen

Kuraisen New Member

I want to get an MP22! I've seen it in a store not strung but the people there were idiots! they didn't know the prices of the majority of the racquets and were trying to state the price by comparing it to an MP 100. Argh!! They were trying to sell it to me for $170. I found a cheaper one online for about $85 US strung with a blue BG68 TI and including shipping. Is that a good price? If not, is there any other place I could purchase it online for a cheaper price? :confused:

16. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    Kuraisen, I ordered it online from

http://www.tennisshop.com/cgi-php/s...59&subcat=all&and=0&catname=badmintonracquets

I am getting a couple of them for 140 bucks incl shipping. This is the cheapest place I found on the net.But I guess you must have read the previous msgs in this thread and how I got my racquets w/o strings. I have returned them for stringing. If u r interested order over the fone as ordering it online might cause this kind of confusion.

I can always let u know more abt their service and the racquet in a few days.:)

#16 yobujji, Apr 14, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2003
  17. swijaya0101

swijaya0101 Regular Member

I 100% agreed with slacker4lyfe

it's you who control the racket ... not the racket which control how you play.

18. Kuraisen

Kuraisen New Member

Thanks Yobujij for the info. I think I'll wait til I hear from you on how the mp 22 feels.

19. yobujji

yobujji Regular Member

Grad Student
    will sure let you know.

20. racketinter

racketinter Regular Member

nice price u paid i got it for onli 54 sdg