Anyone here use a Prince Neos or Ektelon machine to string Badminton?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by CovinaStringer, Feb 28, 2011.

1. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    Most of the places I've seen badminton rackets strung on a regular basis use a Prince Neos machine, even if an electronic CP machine is available. Though I'm not a big fan of glide bar machines, even though I starting stringing one way back.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    back in the old days, most shops in Hong Kong uses the Neos (or whatever the prev gen glide bar). it makes a lot of sense, there are no fancy diagonal pattern for badminton so the simple glide bar works. it is single action and thus makes it very fast.

that was the old days when i was just a kid. nowadays it is hard to see them anymore.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and i think today the issue with the Neos is the lack of side support.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and while you mention this, there are two Neos for sale in CL this week in my area. $620 is not a bad price, but too bad no side support.

5. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    There is a guy selling an upgrade that will take a Gamma side support mount, for the Neos, Ektelon, Gamma 4000, etc. I think the total upgrade will costs under $300. Though it turns the mounts from a 2 point hold down to a 6 point floating. Here are some photos of the upgrade, I believe to an Ektelon model D.
    Ektelon Gamma upgrade 2.jpg
    Ektelon Gamma upgrade.jpg

6. garrylee100

garrylee100 New Member

Accountant
    Prince Neos or Ektelon machine

Hi there,

Based on using numereous machines: I would highly recommend the Ektelon H & Prince Neos machines made in the USA or the Prince Neos 2000 machine made by the famous Toyo Zouki who makes the current Yonex electronic machine. Don't be mislead by no side support; look up on the net "direct support vs indirect support" stringing machines. The primary reason for buying the old Ektelon H or Prince Neos made in USA or the Prince Neos 2000 made in Japan is the quality of the parts that seem to last forever & do not wear out quickly [ I was one of 3 stringers for the three Yonex Cdn Opens & strung over 1000 rackets at tensions in excess of 30lbs for Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese teams etc using a Ektelon H machine without damaging any of the rackets: I also strung 6 rackets at 31lbs for Bang Soo-hyun prior to her Gold Metal win at Atlanta Olympics .... like to think she used one of the six in her Gold Metal win]

Garry @ garrylee99@gmail.com

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have strung several badminton racquets for a friend in a major golf store (don't ask, don't tell). Anyway, the store uses Neo 1000 and I have to tell you it just works. If you are not stringing anything over 27 lb, it works fine and mounting is just a breez and quick. If you maintain the machine well, a Neo1000 can last you 10+ year. I know shops in Taiwan has the same machine for over 10+ year and still good.
    Glide bar is actually more secure than swival clamp.

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Greatest GrandMaster SH,

Your side support add on for your drop weight machine might work very well for the Prince Neos. 33 lbs shouldn't be a problem at all?