Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash Taufik Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cycilver, Feb 28, 2011.

1. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    IMG_0668.jpg

Written February 16th, 2011

Stiff
    3U G4 (87g requested)
    BP: 291mm with supergrap
    Strung w/ BG65 at 25lbs
    SP code

First Impressions:

Stunning. I must admit, I’m not the biggest fan of super red rackets, kind of think it’s overdone now but this thing is beautiful. I can do without the white bits but everything is perfect in my opinion. When I held it in my hand, it felt quite evenly balanced, and light. A few swings through the air created little resistance, nice sharp sound as it cuts through. The stiffness of this thing is very similar to that of my old NS9000-S or maybe even a bit stiffer, but not as stiff as the AT900P or the NS9900.

Warm Ups:

Clears were easy although it’s been a while since I last used BG65s so it felt a bit different. There was minimal vibration with every hit and contrary to what many people have said, I didn’t have any mishit but this was only a warm-up. Drops were excellent and drives were simple although I felt I needed to push a little bit more to get it really going. Net shots were kind of everywhere? I found it really difficult to keep it down and in (with cross court net shots) but this could be due to the strings.

Game Time:

Game speed is much faster than warm up! And this racket performs well when the game is fast XD Net shots still remained a bit high and occasionally killable but everything else was easy. Crosscourt drops from the back were simple, and slices were executed with great ease, the lighter weight really helped here. Defensive lifts/ smash returns were surprisingly simple. I expected something really dull but it kind of exploded to the back line. Backhand serves were easy to control as were flick serves, although I did hit it long a few times. Now onto smashes. “Recovery smashes” or half smashes I like to do when scrambling to the back were quite fast and simple to perform. Backhand smashes took some time to get the timing of but the few times I did get it were amazing. Full smashes were simply amazing. So much power for so little effort on my part, this is where the ArcZ excels. Net shots did improve towards the end of the day but I still think it has something to do with me not being used to the strings, might change them very soon.

Conclusion:

The ArcZ was a great racket, nice and fast for doubles, but still powerful enough for singles. I’m really interested to see how this racket will perform with more time so it is now my No.1 XD Overall, I didn’t seem to have the same timing issues as most people seem to have but I might’ve just been lucky, being able to get one with such favourable characteristics for me =P This thing might not suit everyone so it’s best to try it out for yourself before forking out the dough as it is very expensive.

Ratings:

Power – 9.5/10
    Control – 8.5 to 9/10
    Feel – 9/10
    Defence – 9/10
    Value – 6/10 (it’s very expensive, just go for the yellow version)

Wallace

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Good Review !!
    I really like it !

3. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    Thanks! I try my best

4. drew tze en

Oh that's why you are selling your old Arcsaber Z Slash right ?
    saw the thread

5. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    ? I meant I try my best to present Information clearly for others =P I'm selling the yellow one because I just don't like the colour enough and I would rather have some extra money to maybe pick up another th version when I can

6. drew tze en

haha
    I have an Arcsaber Z Slash but I can't use it Clashed :( But I love the times playing with the racket especially smashing :)
    I prefer the Arcsaber Z Slash TH although it is more expensive would you recommend it to me?
    Some people it is slightly heavier the Original. Is it?

7. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    i think you can get around the weight part by just asking the person to weigh and find you a lighter one. if aesthetics is something really important to you then you can get the TH version since "if you enjoy what you're holding in your hand, you'll prolly enjoy playing more" XD difference wise, i found that the yellow one was stiffer and slightly more head heavy although i never really measured these things. hope this helps

8. drew tze en

I really look the paint job but I'll probably still buy the Original one.

9. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    prolly not a bad choice, you'll save some money and in the long run, the original should be worth more =P

10. drew tze en

I just bought this racket while I was singapore I'll be able to try it out tomorrow can't wait.

11. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

this ARC-ZS TH vs ARC-ZS, the only differences are colors, signature, & price...am i right? other than that, specifications are just the same as ordinary ARC-ZS.

12. chrisfong89

chrisfong89 Regular Member

Student
    Nop, the rackets are slightly different. I have both with the same specs. I haven't really measured them myself, but i feel that the ZSTH is more head heavy than the ZS. Weight wise, can't really feel much difference. If there is, must be really small. I prefer my older yellow version than the ZSTH. Just my preference i guess. :)

But then again, i'm not using the same grips so i can't be sure. Balance point might have changed. But i do grip them to approximately the same size.

13. drew tze en

I have both rackets as well I feel no difference between the two.
    I prefer the colour of the ARCZSTH but price wise the original Z-Slash.

14. Curious guy

Curious guy New Member

School
    Still on the market?

Heya guys, i read your posts. I was wondering if the Taufik Edition is still sold? If so, is it possible to buy it from Denmark? Answer asap plz :) By the way, your posts are very usefull :) Thanks for reading. Over and out.

15. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
  16. Curious guy

Curious guy New Member

School
  17. Curious guy

Curious guy New Member

School
    If you guys should point out THE best racket, which one would you prefer then? :D

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    wow.. that site is 100% legit and we even have a thread about this website here in BC
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/71457-STORE-PROFILE-mybadmintonstore.com

it does not take that long to arrive to Denmark, compared to for you searching a limited edition racket that already sold out almost one year ago
    your chance encountering fake racket is also high

I gave you the option, if you does not want follow the advice then it's your choice, good luck finding the racket

there is no such thing as "best" racket, it's up to your game play, preference, and your physics

for example VT80 a good racket for smasher
    arcsaber 10 an all arounder
    NS9900 for double
    etc

19. drew tze en

Curious guy you should listen to avenger, avengerhas helped loads of people of this forum.

20. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    both versions are the same price!!

by the way, mybadmintonstore.com is very trustworthy!!