How do you guys measure your rackets weight?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SlaShEr, Mar 2, 2011.

1. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Just for the sake of my curiousity, but I know that someone would answer "by using an electronic scale obviously".
    But I wonder how do you guys do it? do you simply tare, put your racket on top of it and then measure?

I mean, I can see that there's alot of super critical players amongst us that measures their racket BP and weight up to 0.1g, but 1.5 gram could also mean a deviation of racket from being a 4U to 3U eg. 85g to 86.5g and vice versa.

However, I wonder, do any of you guys considered the exact placement of the racket on top of the scale might cause an effect?

I wonder if putting the racket BP or CoG exactly dead center on top of the scale vs just putting it on top w/o the CoG/BP consideration might cause a big difference?

I don't have an electronic scale to test this though, so, if anyone willing to do the test will be greatly appreciated.

#1 SlaShEr, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Yeeesh..and i think I've posted in the wrong sub forum..
    Dear Mods, you can move this where you think appropriate. Sorry. :)

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I usually measure it both upright deadcentre and lying down with t-joint and cone code in opposite corners. Haven't noticed more than a gram difference in the past but mine only does whole grams so could be 0.1 up to 1.9 :D. I'd assume standing up in the centre would be the best ...