Best machine for 500$?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by KraziexViet, Mar 2, 2011.

1. KraziexViet

KraziexViet Regular Member

hi guys, im thinking of buying a stringing machine and was wondering what your opinions were for buying one with ~500$USD budget.

thanks a lot!

2. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    There are a lot of machines that are under $500. Do you plan on string tennis rackets or badminton only? If it's the latter, I'd probably recommend the Alpha Shuttle Express or the Eagnas ST-250 or ST-200.

3. KraziexViet

just badminton rackets,
    whats the diff w. alpha shuttle express st200 and st250?

4. CovinaStringer

5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

if you are in Malaysia or Singapore, I can help you to find a good machine.
    I got a quotation from Lilylee for Eagnas Logic 90 + Floor stand PT-270 + shipping to my place around USD 500 only.
    and if you check the price in www.eagnas.com - you can some machines within your budget.

6. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    depend where you live too, this thing is heavy, shipping cost add up, if u'r in States, can find on ebay, craiglist... locally, but if u'r in VN, the stand up crank machine is over 1000 US,

7. KooGuy

KooGuy Regular Member

The Egnas's Logic 90 is interesting that it has similar design as Stringway in terms of drop weight plus constant pull.

It's bargain with a 6 point mounting system if it does work like the Stringway's machine. Anyone out there has this machine and willing to provide some feedback?

8. CovinaStringer

There is one guy on TT-TW that recently bought a Logic 90. In some ways it's more like the new Laserfibre machine. Laserfibre previously used the Stringway parts, but now has gone cheap and is using Eagnas parts.

Getting back to the theme of the thread. The OP wants to spend $500 on a Badminton Machine. Most high end badminton machines top out around $400, then you get in to the tennis machines, which can also string badminton with some clamp changes. Given the budget set, I would seriously look at a used Neos or Etelon D machine for under $500.

9. KraziexViet

whats the difference btwn the st250 and the ase anyway? any opinions based on experience or others? i dont really know a lot about this... =[

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Depend on your usage, if just string a few rackets per week with no more than 26lbs or so, you can really cut down your budget by half or at least 1/3 or so. There's no point to burn a $500 hole, when you first start and/or use it just for personal usage.