User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 206
  1. #1
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2011 German Open GPG: Day 5 Sat 05-Mar (Semi-Finals)

    .
    2011 German Open GPG: Day 5 Sat 05-Mar (Semi-Finals)

    The schedule of matches can be found located at;

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...CA5&d=20110305

    It looks like those quite certain of making it to Finals Day are;

    WS: Liu Xin [5]
    MS: Lin Dan [1]
    WD: Kim Ha Na/Kim Min Seo [Not seeded]
    MD: Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong [1]
    XD: Songphon Anugritayawon/Kunchala Voravichitchaikul [3]
    .

  2. #2
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It looks like those quite certain of making it to Finals Day are;

    WD: Kim Ha Na/Kim Min Seo [Not seeded]
    What makes them more certain than the other matchup? The Thai pair (they beat so easily) don't seem to have done anything to get this high up the ranking ... http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...4-2C433BDF4C24 (except be invited to the Super Series Finals and lucky draws to get in the position to be invited)
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-04-2011 at 04:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile I could be dead wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    What makes them more certain than the other matchup? The Thai pair (they beat so easily) don't seem to have done anything to get this high up the ranking ... http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...4-2C433BDF4C24 (except be invited to the Super Series Finals and lucky draws to get in the position to be invited)
    .
    It's just my guess.

    As posted, I only picked ONE player/pair of the 4 Semi-Finalists in each event/category to make it to the Finals. And I could be dead wrong.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-04-2011 at 04:23 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,172
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .

    It looks like those quite certain of making it to Finals Day are;

    WS: Liu Xin [5]
    MS: Lin Dan [1]
    WD: Kim Ha Na/Kim Min Seo [Not seeded]
    MD: Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong [1]
    XD: Songphon Anugritayawon/Kunchala Voravichitchaikul [3]
    .
    I wouldn't be so sure in xd. Seeing Reiko and Ikeda are in good form, it'll take valiant effort for Tha #3 seed to eliminate them.

  5. #5
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Reiko and Ikeda are in good form

    Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure in xd. Seeing Reiko and Ikeda are in good form, it'll take valiant effort for Tha #3 seed to eliminate them.
    .
    Yes, you could be right.

    I looked at their Smash and Net Winners (played yesterday), and I was quite impressed by Songphon Anugritayawon/Kunchala Voravichitchaikul's statistics/data;

    Smash Winners...16
    Net Winners.......15

    For Shintaro Ikeda/Reiko Shiota, they were;

    Smash Winners...14
    Net Winners.......05
    .

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The quarter-final matches produced some interesting outcome.
    CJ beat a resurgent LHI 18-21, 21-11, 21-14 in 1.02 hours.
    LX(5) beat JS(1) 21-16, 21-17.
    WMC and KKK/TBH also came through and their semi-final encounters should be interesting to watch. Hopefully, WMC wins so that she will postpone her ‘retirement’ as reported in The Star of 3/3/2011.
    PSH v CJ and LD v BP matches should be also interesting and I root for PSH to pull through. PSH is a thorn to LD’s side.
    Overall the Koreans have done well in this year’s edition of the German Open.
    They have representation in tonight’s semi-final matches as follows:-
    MS 1
    WS 1
    MD 3 pairs
    WD 2 pairs
    Last edited by skchen; 03-04-2011 at 06:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up The Japanese girls have also performed well

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    The quarter-final matches produced some interesting outcome.
    CJ beat a resurgent LHI 18-21, 21-11, 21-14 in 1.02 hours.
    LX(5) beat JS(1) 21-16, 21-17.
    WMC and KKK/TBH also came through and their semi-final encounters should be interesting to watch. Hopefully, WMC wins so that she will postpone her ‘retirement’ as reported in The Star of 3/3/2011.
    PSH v CJ and LD v BP matches should be also interesting and I root for PSH to pull through. PSH is a thorn to LD’s side.
    Overall the Koreans have done well in this year’s edition of the German Open.
    They have representation in tonight’s semi-final matches as follows:-
    MS 1
    WS 1
    MD 3 pairs
    WD 2 pairs
    .
    Yes, the Koreans have done well.

    The Japanese have also performed well, having the second most number of players at the Semi-Finals;

    MS......0
    WS.....1
    MD.....0 pair
    WD....2 pairs
    XD.....1 pair

    The Japanese girls have continued to maintain their strength (in our History of Badminton for years).

    .

  8. #8
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    It's just my guess.

    As posted, I only picked ONE player/pair of the 4 Semi-Finalists in each event/category to make it to the Finals. And I could be dead wrong.
    .
    yes I forgot you have to score 50%

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reiko and Shintaro are playing great at the moment and I fully expect them to get to the final. One of them has my FULL support , the other... I will clap for politely.

  10. #10
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WMC already did will to semis. She can go all the way. Just play her normal game with a little more aggresive.

  11. #11
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Good Luck to Reiko and Shintaro

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Reiko and Shintaro are playing great at the moment and I fully expect them to get to the final. One of them has my FULL support , the other... I will clap for politely.
    .
    Hahaha...... Well, Good Luck to Reiko and Shintaro.

    Looking at the results of their Quarter-Final match, it took them a long match (53 minutes) to defeat Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Zieba of Poland.

    I thought that they could win and I followed that match quite closely (via LiveScore);

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1632851

    To me, SI/RS were just lucky enough to prevent RM/NZ from coming back in the last minutes of the match.
    .

  12. #12
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Astro 811 will telecast the SF from 9.30 MAS time onwards. Duration : 270 mins.
    http://www.astro.com.my/epg/event.php?id=4440293

  13. #13
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Astro 811 will telecast the SF from 9.30pm MAS time onwards

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Astro 811 will telecast the SF from 9.30 MAS time onwards. Duration : 270 mins.
    http://www.astro.com.my/epg/event.php?id=4440293
    .
    Thanks for the link, nokh88.
    .

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,790
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't think KKK/TBH will gonna make it against JJS/LYD this time...... again...

  15. #15
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Their Head-to-Head records: KKK/TBH 2:9 JJS/LYD

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    i don't think KKK/TBH will gonna make it against JJS/LYD this time...... again...
    .
    Same here.

    Their Head-to-Head records: KKK/TBH 2:9 JJS/LYD
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-04-2011 at 11:14 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Same here.

    Their Head-to-Head records: KKK/TBH 2:9 JJS/LYD
    .
    Their H2H against KSH/YYS is even worst..........0 : 4 ......LOL

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Same here.

    Their Head-to-Head records: KKK/TBH 2:9 JJS/LYD
    .
    Let's hope that KKK/TBH produce some magical hits to pull through against their nemesis, JJS/LYD, in their semi-final clash.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Sharing] German Open 1999 Semi Finals
    By speedy210 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 5
    : 10-02-2010, 04:49 PM
  2. German Open Semi-finals(06-03-2010)
    By undeadshot in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010
    Replies: 49
    : 03-08-2010, 01:50 AM
  3. request: german open (semi)finals?
    By badboypedi in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 18
    : 05-28-2008, 07:00 AM
  4. German Open 2008: Day 5 - Semi-Finals
    By sumbadder in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 234
    : 03-02-2008, 12:07 AM
  5. German Open Semi-Finals Day
    By hcyong in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2005
    Replies: 33
    : 03-05-2005, 11:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •