Upper thigh

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by icecoldcoke, Mar 5, 2011.

1. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Hey anyone experienced upper thigh pain(the joint at the butt)? i went to see a doctor and he say i twisted my joint because of wrong footwork(i told him i play badminton)

2. jilin74

jilin74 Regular Member

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem. My right leg was stretched out to return a net drop on my forehand. The floor was slippery and my foot moved forward. :( Having been having this pain for 4 weeks, it seems to recover somewhat after some resting, but does not fully go away. What did your doctor tell you to do?

3. t3j_sb

t3j_sb Regular Member

in college
    hey, im currently having the same problem. ive had xrays and mri's done, doctors said nothing big. ive done mine from over lunging 2 years ago. physio said it should have heald on its own, but because im growing too fast, the muscels cant keep up witht eh speed at which my bones are growing. The only solution, is to strengthen it if it is a muscle problem like mine, i hope that helps :p

4. jilin74

jilin74 Regular Member

Thanks! So you mean just strengthening the quad and hamstring muscles? Or are there any special exercise?

5. druss

druss Regular Member

If it's a problem right at the joint then it sounds like a tendon or ligament issue which take a long time to heal properly.

6. t3j_sb

t3j_sb Regular Member

in college
    ive been instructed to strengthen it, but the above comment should be taken into consideration.... i suggest if it hurts at the current moment, let the pain go for a few days, by not doing to much rigorous movement. like me, i play football(soccer) and when i play i always injure it again :crying: lol i suggest once it has calmed down, you strenthgen it by doing hamstring exercises that consist of jumping, such as squats, one legged squats and plyometrics..but remember dont over do it!!!:D