Looking to play Badminton in Ilsan, Goyang, Korea or nearby

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by bigdave4859, Mar 5, 2011.

1. bigdave4859

bigdave4859 New Member

Teacher
    I have just arrived in Ilsan for a year and i am looking to play badminton.

If anybody could give me some help or advice in finding a club??

2. event

event Regular Member

There is already a thread open on the Hwajeong area of Goyang. No details there yet for Ilsan but it might be a good idea to stick to that thread. Hien, the man who started the thread, has since returned home but the gyms remain.

3. event

event Regular Member

Anyway, we can let the moderators decide whether to merge the threads. Since you are not likely subscribed to the other one, let me answer you here.

2 years ago, Hien and I tried the Haengshin gym mentioned, which is near the KTX station. It is not a nice facility. Walls and (low) roof are a tent and the floor was linoleum or something. Might be different now.

A good place we found was near Goyang City Hall. It's in the park shown here, very close to Wonneung Station, on the #3 line. I think there were about 6 or 7 courts and some good players. They were just about to start charging admission, which means that joining a club is cheaper and theoretically optional, though the cliquiness drives most people to join one.

If you're looking for Ilsan, there are lists in Korean for Ilsan East and Ilsan West. For the Deokyang-gu part of Goyang, the list is here. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of any others, though. If you don't read Korean and don't have someone to look at the locations for you, give me a better idea of what part of Goyang you're in and I'll see what I can do.

4. bigdave4859

bigdave4859 New Member

Teacher
    Thanks for the info, I will try to have my co teachers look at the korean lists. I live around daehwa station,if that helps

5. docden

docden Regular Member

physician
    bigdave4859, did you by chance find a place that is near to me as well? I live in Sillim-dong near Sillim station on line 2. I just arrived in Seoul 2 weeks ago and will stay for a year. If you need a playing partner please let me know. Thanks

6. bigdave4859

bigdave4859 New Member

Teacher

Hi there ive not been to a badminton club yet, it is my aim this week though to find one. Yeah ive just arrived for a year three weeks ago so a hitting partner would be good if we could somewhere halfway between the two stations im at Daehwa.

7. docden

docden Regular Member

physician
    hi bigdave, i got an update from ryan0270. He plays at gwanak middle school with some SNU studes 2 blocks away from naksondae station at line 2. Might join him soon as I can get a racquet as i left all of mine back home.

8. armiemay

armiemay New Member

Civil Engineer
    Hi,

I'm looking for badminton court near BUndang because the place where we played last week is in Magok and it's very far from our place.

9. event

event Regular Member

Okay, you're sort of in the wrong thread. Goyang and Ilsan are satellite cities northwest of Seoul while Bundang is southeast. Hard to get farther apart and still be on the subway system. Having said that, the Seoul thread is the only one that has any Bundang information, starting with post #38.

10. b3rnard

b3rnard Regular Member

i know a place in ilsan with 6 indoor courts

11. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    Is this place open during the summer ? In Ilsan

12. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    I'll be near the Costgo in Goyang June 24-30, I hope to play a few good games when in Korea.. :)

13. tharun960

tharun960 New Member

14. event

event Regular Member

There is a public facility right here on your map. It is called Jeongbalsan Badminton Gym and has 6 courts and likely an admission fee and is apparently open from 7AM to 11PM. Try that first. A photo of it is here.

Another one is right here, Baekseok Badminton Gym in Children's Transportation Park or something.

There is also an 8-court facility here, or here on the less helpful Google Maps. If you click on that Daum Maps location, it will give you a blog entry with photos and lots of info in Korean.

#14 event, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    tharun960 likes this.