Injury around the elbow area

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by dontmakeme, Mar 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Hi,I have some weird problem around my elbow and I am hoping that you guys could give me some advice on how I should take care of it. I think it might be tennis elbow or perhaps golfers elbow. Every time I play badminton for around 1 hour at school it starts to feel funny after a few smashes/clears/drives. If I play any longer it just starts to lose strength and start to shake. I tried resting for a week and my arm felt like it was normal again so I decided to play badminton. After 1 hour it started having the same problem again. I have no idea why it just keeps coming back. This same problem has happened for around a month now and I'm getting irritated by it. I started to increase my rest time from 1 week to 2 weeks and the same thing still occurs.

The racquet I use is the nanospeed 6000 which is around 85-90 grams so I dont think it is a weight problem.

Thank you in advance.

2. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

Badminton
    "I am having what they called 'golf elbow' for the past 8 mths. Lately the pain has been reduced a lot (probably around 80%). Last time I only do warm up; now I do warm up (b4 matches) and warm down (after matches). I c players don't do warm up, but even more players don't do warm down". I posted this reply to some1 last mth Feb 18th. Todate my elbow is getting better and better. I didn't reduce the number of days I am playing (I play 3 to 4 times a week) and on no medication as well.

3. dontmakeme

student
    Okay thanks kohminkiat I think I should my warm ups for a bit longer and get into habit of doing warm downs as well.
    Once again thanks for the advice =)

4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
  5. dontmakeme

student
    Thanks ginger ^-^

6. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

Badminton
    What is the level of badminton like in Canada? Is it a popular sport?

7. dontmakeme

student
    At my school the recreational drop in is almost always full. I went with friends to community centre clubs and the second the doors open for the club BAM the courts are full. So I guess you could say its pretty popular in Canada or atleast my province british columbia. The level at which they play at according to me would be around intermediate level. I see a few advanced players that are in tournaments and what not. But majority are intermediates and then a few beginners. Not to be racist or anything most of the time I only see asian people playing badminton so....yeah ;D (I am asian too >.>)