tennishead shipping?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by druss, Mar 7, 2011.

1. druss

druss Regular Member

Ok, so after hearing so much about the WISE head I decide to purchase one. The website stated "Free Postage in the US and Canada" when I ordered. I get my invoice and it says $25 shipping... the website is now updated (today) to "Free Postage in the US" with no mention of Canada...

That's a little hokey and does not make me very happy.... I sent an email to Herb and I hope this gets cleared up.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Here's a picture of the current website and page info showing date of update. It's hard to see but it says

Modified: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:37:38 PM

Thing is that I would probably have paid it without any issues if he had stated up front that the policy had changed or he couldn't do free shipping because USPS had raised their prices but to just charge it without telling me, send me the invoice (again without noting the extra) then changing the website is bad business practice.

Attached Files:

#2 druss, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  3. druss

druss Regular Member

Just as an update, I emailed back and forth a couple of times and Herb was very accommodating and agreed that it was not fair to charge the shipping when the website had not been changed until after I had placed my order. He has refunded me the shipping cost.

While it was a hiccup and I still think it should not have happened at all, it was resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner and I am happy with the service.

I'm sure I will be happy with the product as well.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it's good that he listens and make sure that customers are happy.

the WISE head is very good value for recreational stringers like us.

it is not a ES5Protech. but hey, for $500 we cannot complain much.

the ES5Protech settles at the target tension much faster as well as stays there constantly even with perturbation. and all that time it is very quiet.

5. druss

druss Regular Member

lol, I'd love an ES5 but I think my wife would kill me.... Between all my hobbies I probably have over $30K in my hobby room (I'm big into RC, computers and golf besides badminton).

The only way I could pull that off is to sell of some of my other stuff, which I could do but... it's just not feasible for us guys who only string 20 rackets a month instead of 20 rackets a day.