User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Divide Buy/Sell Threads into continental Divisions

hi all,

this is my suggestion..as it happened to myself, it's hard to find the offer from certain places especially if there is less offer from those palces(countries)..I think it'll be much better if we can sort all offers according to the continents, is't?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    hi all,

this is my suggestion..as it happened to myself, it's hard to find the offer from certain places especially if there is less offer from those palces(countries)..I think it'll be much better if we can sort all offers according to the continents, is't?
    I agree. It might be good to keep a section for those who are willing to ship anywhere. i.e. International sellers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about dividing it, that just creates a big mess and makes it harder to navigate.

I prefer the ability to choose a drop down tab which shows where you are. I've seen this in other forums where the options are NA, SA, Asia, Europe, Aus... etc. but... I also think that sellers should list the location of the item in the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i agree with sellers posting location in the title of the tread. some people are already doing this (ie. SG, GTA, USA, MY, etc..) it really does help. i think dividing into separate divisions is not necessary if people start adding selling location to title. I like to see all items for sale on one page instead of multiple pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    I don't know about dividing it, that just creates a big mess and makes it harder to navigate.

I prefer the ability to choose a drop down tab which shows where you are. I've seen this in other forums where the options are NA, SA, Asia, Europe, Aus... etc. but... I also think that sellers should list the location of the item in the title.
    I think without it is much worse..for example I want to look for an offer from Germany...I think my whole day is completed by just scrolling down the page...
    If the mods sort out by Asian(Malaysia, S'pore etc), Europe (inc.UK), America (GTA, Canada) and Australia, is't much better and more comfortable??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterkillerz View Post
    ya i agree with sellers posting location in the title of the tread. some people are already doing this (ie. SG, GTA, USA, MY, etc..) it really does help. i think dividing into separate divisions is not necessary if people start adding selling location to title. I like to see all items for sale on one page instead of multiple pages.

I think it's very rare here that the selling, buying, trading occurs across continents, is't?...

How can we make a poll..sum1 tell plz..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe mods can set it up the same way as the " Forum: Places to play / Clubs / Local Events"
    Buyers and sellers have to click on the country that they're interested in.
    If you don't click on any particular country, it shows all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tornoni View Post
    Maybe mods can set it up the same way as the " Forum: Places to play / Clubs / Local Events"
    Buyers and sellers have to click on the country that they're interested in.
    If you don't click on any particular country, it shows all.
    Filter Function is a very good option..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, absolutely back the suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there are too many countries then maybe mods can break it down to 7 continents instead.
    Sellers must select one of the seven before they can post/continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on some other forums for other interests where there are something like 20 different sections for different interests, manufacturers.... etc.

Where would this end? subdivision for selling rackets, shoes, strings... etc? All broken down into different countries/continents?

My advice? Go into the buy and sell section and do a search for your country and/or specifically for the item you're interested in. Then you don't need to scroll through all the posts for items you're not interested in and/or aren't in your country. It's really not that hard...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice? Go into the buy and sell section and do a search for your country and/or specifically for the item you're interested in. Then you don't need to scroll through all the posts for items you're not interested in and/or aren't in your country. It's really not that hard...
    maybe it's easy for who come from major badminton countries..u always see for MY, SP, GTA, CANADA (like urself) only...for minor ones it's hard...
    and I don't think you would buy from any Asian countries though here in BC...

sometimes people dont hv any specific target but wait for the best deals to come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope mods can make a poll..let see the results..democracy applies here too rite

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    I hope mods can make a poll..let see the results..democracy applies here too rite
    no.

but we do listen to suggestions and weigh it according to the wisdom of our moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I see this all the time when people who post in public forums think that because it is public and free to join that it's a democracy... it's not.

In many cases forums such as these are run as a business. That's why you see ads on the pages, to help pay for them. It's great that the moderators/administrators take the time from their own days to post and maintain the site but it all takes time and money to run sites like this. I'm very appreciative of having forums like this to share knowledge, experience and comradery with others who share the same passion but remember that these sites are run by the person who pays for the server space and the final decision on matters pertaining to the forum is theirs.

And yes, I did see the winks but don't want anyone new to forums in general to misunderstand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I see this all the time when people who post in public forums think that because it is public and free to join that it's a democracy... it's not.

In many cases forums such as these are run as a business. That's why you see ads on the pages, to help pay for them. It's great that the moderators/administrators take the time from their own days to post and maintain the site but it all takes time and money to run sites like this. I'm very appreciative of having forums like this to share knowledge, experience and comradery with others who share the same passion but remember that these sites are run by the person who pays for the server space and the final decision on matters pertaining to the forum is theirs.

And yes, I did see the winks but don't want anyone new to forums in general to misunderstand.
    I dont get what/who you are targetting??
    Last edited by bogensaebel; 03-08-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    no.

but we do listen to suggestions and weigh it according to the wisdom of our moderators.
    thx for the consideration...but dont forget to consider it again in the future..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast