User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    I dont get what/who you are targetting??
    what druss said is partly right.

but it is not about the money. money is slim here to run the forum. we get by ok but no one is quitting any day jobs, and no one is expecting to. it keeps the forum running and it pays for itself.

the issue is that we cannot rely on democracy to run the forum. i believe that our team has the best experience and wisdom to run our forum, afterall, we have had more than a decade of experience running this forum and we believe that we know what is best for the forum. while we will listen to the community for suggestions, the ultimate decision belongs to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    what druss said is partly right.

but it is not about the money. money is slim here to run the forum. we get by ok but no one is quitting any day jobs, and no one is expecting to. it keeps the forum running and it pays for itself.

the issue is that we cannot rely on democracy to run the forum. i believe that our team has the best experience and wisdom to run our forum, afterall, we have had more than a decade of experience running this forum and we believe that we know what is best for the forum. while we will listen to the community for suggestions, the ultimate decision belongs to us.
    That's y I said 'I hope..'....the democracy thing is just an appeal...I dont know it's being taken seriously and so sensitive lol...is't becuase what is happening in Arab countries currently?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a good idea. i was thinking about this as well because the majority of the people are from singapore or malaysia area... in the trading/buying/selling section. barely any usa
    itll probably save some time for people if theyre divided into continents at least haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    lol, I see this all the time when people who post in public forums think that because it is public and free to join that it's a democracy... it's not.

In many cases forums such as these are run as a business. That's why you see ads on the pages, to help pay for them. It's great that the moderators/administrators take the time from their own days to post and maintain the site but it all takes time and money to run sites like this. I'm very appreciative of having forums like this to share knowledge, experience and comradery with others who share the same passion but remember that these sites are run by the person who pays for the server space and the final decision on matters pertaining to the forum is theirs.

And yes, I did see the winks but don't want anyone new to forums in general to misunderstand.
    Agree with everything you've said except regarding server space: it costs peanuts nowadays. Of course it is a business and no this is not a democracy.
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 03-13-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BC is like a firm hand ensuring the rule of law.

BCers are free to express their views. But a firm hand also constitutes the true meaning of freedom and liberty, otherwise it will be like a dictatorship under a guise of democracy.

Sorta Singapore style of democracy. Firm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really agree with this too. I can barely find any UK sellers at all it seems everyone's either Singapore, Malaysia, Canada or USA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If dividing the threads is too time consuming, what about this:

Thread Name
    Author // [Location] / [Target Location(s)]

With this addition, you could give the users an easy possibility to make the whole buy / sell area better and to give themself a clearer view over all the threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2