Divide Buy/Sell Threads into continental Divisions

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by bogensaebel, Mar 8, 2011.

1. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    hi all,

this is my suggestion..as it happened to myself, it's hard to find the offer from certain places especially if there is less offer from those palces(countries)..I think it'll be much better if we can sort all offers according to the continents, is't?

2. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I agree. It might be good to keep a section for those who are willing to ship anywhere. i.e. International sellers.

3. druss

druss Regular Member

I don't know about dividing it, that just creates a big mess and makes it harder to navigate.

I prefer the ability to choose a drop down tab which shows where you are. I've seen this in other forums where the options are NA, SA, Asia, Europe, Aus... etc. but... I also think that sellers should list the location of the item in the title.

4. hunterkillerz

hunterkillerz Regular Member

Student
    ya i agree with sellers posting location in the title of the tread. some people are already doing this (ie. SG, GTA, USA, MY, etc..) it really does help. i think dividing into separate divisions is not necessary if people start adding selling location to title. I like to see all items for sale on one page instead of multiple pages.

5. bogensaebel

student
    I think without it is much worse..for example I want to look for an offer from Germany...I think my whole day is completed by just scrolling down the page...
    If the mods sort out by Asian(Malaysia, S'pore etc), Europe (inc.UK), America (GTA, Canada) and Australia, is't much better and more comfortable?? ;)

6. bogensaebel

student

I think it's very rare here that the selling, buying, trading occurs across continents, is't?...

How can we make a poll..sum1 tell plz..

7. Tornoni

Tornoni Regular Member

Finance
    Maybe mods can set it up the same way as the " Forum: Places to play / Clubs / Local Events"
    Buyers and sellers have to click on the country that they're interested in.
    If you don't click on any particular country, it shows all.

8. bogensaebel

student
    Filter Function is a very good option..;)

9. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Yes, absolutely back the suggestion.

10. Tornoni

Tornoni Regular Member

Finance
    If there are too many countries then maybe mods can break it down to 7 continents instead.
    Sellers must select one of the seven before they can post/continue.

11. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm on some other forums for other interests where there are something like 20 different sections for different interests, manufacturers.... etc.

Where would this end? subdivision for selling rackets, shoes, strings... etc? All broken down into different countries/continents?

My advice? Go into the buy and sell section and do a search for your country and/or specifically for the item you're interested in. Then you don't need to scroll through all the posts for items you're not interested in and/or aren't in your country. It's really not that hard...

12. bogensaebel

student
    maybe it's easy for who come from major badminton countries..u always see for MY, SP, GTA, CANADA (like urself) only...for minor ones it's hard...
    and I don't think you would buy from any Asian countries though here in BC...

sometimes people dont hv any specific target but wait for the best deals to come...

13. bogensaebel

student
    I hope mods can make a poll..let see the results..democracy applies here too rite ;)

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. ;)

but we do listen to suggestions and weigh it according to the wisdom of our moderators.

15. druss

druss Regular Member

lol, I see this all the time when people who post in public forums think that because it is public and free to join that it's a democracy... it's not.

In many cases forums such as these are run as a business. That's why you see ads on the pages, to help pay for them. It's great that the moderators/administrators take the time from their own days to post and maintain the site but it all takes time and money to run sites like this. I'm very appreciative of having forums like this to share knowledge, experience and comradery with others who share the same passion but remember that these sites are run by the person who pays for the server space and the final decision on matters pertaining to the forum is theirs.

And yes, I did see the winks but don't want anyone new to forums in general to misunderstand.

16. bogensaebel

student
    I dont get what/who you are targetting??

#16 bogensaebel, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  17. bogensaebel

student
    thx for the consideration...but dont forget to consider it again in the future..;)

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what druss said is partly right.

but it is not about the money. money is slim here to run the forum. we get by ok but no one is quitting any day jobs, and no one is expecting to. it keeps the forum running and it pays for itself.

the issue is that we cannot rely on democracy to run the forum. i believe that our team has the best experience and wisdom to run our forum, afterall, we have had more than a decade of experience running this forum and we believe that we know what is best for the forum. while we will listen to the community for suggestions, the ultimate decision belongs to us.

19. bogensaebel

student
    That's y I said 'I hope..';)....the democracy thing is just an appeal...I dont know it's being taken seriously and so sensitive lol...is't becuase what is happening in Arab countries currently? :D

20. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

this is a good idea. i was thinking about this as well because the majority of the people are from singapore or malaysia area... in the trading/buying/selling section. barely any usa
    itll probably save some time for people if theyre divided into continents at least haha