User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 65
  1. #1
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,232
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Team Seeded in Elite Group Sudirman Cup 2011

    Taken from BWF website : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=46147

    Here are complete list of seeded in group 1 :

    1. China
    2. Denmark
    3. Indonesia
    4. Chinese Taipei
    5. South Korea
    6. Malaysia
    7. Thailand
    8. Japan
    9. Germany
    10. India
    11. England
    12. Russia

    These teams will be divided into 4 grups, each contains of 3 nations.

  2. #2
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is the regulation for knock down stage? And seeded 1 until 4 will divided into 4 different groups?

  3. #3
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, taipei wd points from cheng/chien are very high....

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    9,015
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    What is the regulation for knock down stage? And seeded 1 until 4 will divided into 4 different groups?
    Regulation taken from BWF website -- http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=22470

    Group seeding and rank -- http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=30773
    Last edited by CLELY; 03-10-2011 at 12:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Japan below Malaysia? South Korea below Taipei!??
    Denmark as second?

  6. #6
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,232
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Japan below Malaysia? South Korea below Taipei!??
    Denmark as second?
    Well, Mas has LCW and KKK/TBH, might spring some surprises, but I think Russia, Jpn, Germany and India are dark horses

    Denmark is even in each disciplines (Gade, Tine, BoMo, Pedersen/Juhl, Laybourn/Juhl)
    hopefully Tine is fit to play...

  7. #7
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    Well, Mas has LCW and KKK/TBH, might spring some surprises, but I think Russia, Jpn, Germany and India are dark horses

    Denmark is even in each disciplines (Gade, Tine, BoMo, Pedersen/Juhl, Laybourn/Juhl)
    hopefully Tine is fit to play...
    For one, I don't think MAS can beat Japan... KKK/TBH and LCW are strong but unfortunately the other 3 are really weak...
    Hmm, have to agree with Denmark that they have a presence in all categories although Tine is doubtful now. Don't know why I felt that they were weaker, maybe because they lost to MAS the last edition... but that time MAS still had a strong CEH/WPT.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,469
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CHN has to be careful as DEN might steal 2 pts from either Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen and Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen.

    If Tine is playing, then DEN has a shot at the Sudirman Cup.

    As for KOR, they could only rely on their MD.

  9. #9
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,232
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ina has no shot at all, max SF spot, but that's even qustionable, because this year of participants are quite have the strength....

    Kido doesn't play....so that's definitely hurt Ina md....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    9,015
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    Ina has no shot at all, max SF spot, but that's even qustionable, because this year of participants are quite have the strength....
    Yeah, PBSI only targeting semifinal for INA team in this year Sudirman Cup.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TPE is well overrated. They will lose their MS and MD matches to all the top teams for sure. WS is inconsistent, WD can be shaky under pressure. XD is no big deal. It's just that they have accumulated lots of ranking points

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IND could surprise on a good day when all their top players are clicking. I wouldn't write off GER either. I would consider both these countries are dark horses

  13. #13
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    TPE is well overrated. They will lose their MS and MD matches to all the top teams for sure. WS is inconsistent, WD can be shaky under pressure. XD is no big deal. It's just that they have accumulated lots of ranking points
    yes, IMHO for the following Sudirman Cups they should return to the system they had before: seedings based on the last edition's results. Basing it on some non-transparent ranking point procedure gives us TPE in fourth position, which I don't think is ok.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Saigon, VN ; Berlin, GER
    Posts
    331
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    CHN has to be careful as DEN might steal 2 pts from either Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen and Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen.
    Fischer Nielsen / Pedersen??? The XD could win against names Ma Jin / Xu Chen or He Hanbin / Yu Yang or Tao jiaming / Tian Qing or Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei.

    Don't tell me you believe that!!!

    As for the MD the 2 danes can be dangerous
    Last edited by Cheetah; 04-04-2011 at 01:56 AM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    855
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CHN and DEN are two teams that have chance in each categories (if Tine will be playing)
    These two teams are reasonable in that seed..

    INA team is really weak without Kido. The other 4 categories are really unstable..

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koje89 View Post
    CHN and DEN are two teams that have chance in each categories (if Tine will be playing)
    These two teams are reasonable in that seed..

    INA team is really weak without Kido. The other 4 categories are really unstable..
    Kido isn't what he used to be. With or without him, I see struggles ahead for INA against the top teams at the Sudirman Cup. Good luck to them all the same.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    855
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Kido isn't what he used to be. With or without him, I see struggles ahead for INA against the top teams at the Sudirman Cup. Good luck to them all the same.
    Yes, I totally agree with you that Kido isn;t what he used to be, but at least, he is one of the best MD players of INA, and without him, INA squad is much weaker.. These days, INA is really weak.. So, cant expect too much in Sudirman Cup.. But, lets see how far they will struggle in this event All the best for them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Elite badminton group at UWC Tampines
    By Nickphan in forum Singapore
    Replies: 11
    : 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM
  2. USA Team for the 2011 Sudirman Cup
    By chris-ccc in forum Sudirman Cup 2011
    Replies: 27
    : 06-01-2011, 11:48 PM
  3. 2011 Sudirman Cup Victor Apparel for the Korean Team
    By Sealman in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 5
    : 05-22-2011, 02:33 PM
  4. Join 2010 OCBC Elite and Junior team
    By USAer in forum Orange County Badminton Club ( OCBC )
    Replies: 0
    : 03-10-2010, 07:36 PM
  5. Congratulations to Elite Team Members Arnold & Lauren!
    By Smash City in forum Smash City Badminton Club - CLOSED
    Replies: 4
    : 03-03-2008, 02:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •