Help identify this WILSON racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by allyjack110, Mar 14, 2011.

1. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    DSCF2095.jpg

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate anyone out there in helping me identify this particular Wilson racket. I bought it brand new last week from a online retailer for around £30 (around $48 USD). Apart from the initials 'V4' I know nothing of the racket i.e, how old it is, balance point, and most importantly: recommended Max string tension. I've tried Googling it but have found a different version of the racket in a predominately burgandy red theme. I've played with it once and it plays very, very nicely, which is somewhat annoying as I recently bought an Arc 10; and to be honest I prefer the feel of the Wilson. The shaft is stated as being 'stiff'.... and believe me it is. Much more so than my Arc 10.

Thank you

2. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I believe the 'Vision' series pre-date the N-code range so I would say 2006-07 maybe. I'm now undecided on what to do. For example, should I buy another one of these rackets as I can get them for £30 or shall I get another Arc 10 and make my Wilson my spare to my spare? The Wilson is undoubtedly cheaper but I can get an Arc 10 for half the normal retail price. I like my Arc 10 but I feel that with all high-end Yonex frames there is a learning curve before I feel totally comfortable with them.

3. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

just try both for a period of time then decide?
    if not, just get another arc 10 and sell it later if u dont want it