Comparison of some shoes (Victor, Yonex, Li Ning, Kumpoo) & perhaps a recommendation

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by MrChrisBT, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Hello, I wanted to make a comparison between a few shoes of various brands. I am sure I would not be punished choosing any of the following. However, are there any clear factors which may give the edge to one over the other? Budget is not really a factor. Any input would be much appreciated

Here are my candidates which appealed to me:

Kumpoo KH 120
    [​IMG]

Victor SH8600 Ace
    [​IMG]

SHB101 LTD
    [​IMG]

Li Ning AYAD003 or AYAD005 series
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Chris

Very few people on this forum (me included) have tested all of these shoes. If they are available in your local sports shop I've take a pair of your badminton socks and try them on, jump around the store and then decided which feels the most comfortable.

Chances are you won't have this luxury. You may therefore need go with your gut instinct.

What i will say is that I haven't seen any of the Victor sponsored players in those particular shoes, although there are other models that appear more popular. I know the Yonex shoes has been popular but it has been replaced now by SHB102 so you should be looking for a discount on this old model.

Hope this helps in some way.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Thanks for the words Paul!

I ended up deciding upon a pair of Victor SH8600 ACE-F shoes. Identical to the red ones above but simply a new blue version that was released just this month or late Feb. I'm moving up from a pair of Karakal clunkers, so there should be a notable difference.

Yeah, near impossible to try a pair on for some of these. The only ones my local shop sells are Yonex and Asics. All others are foreign. Lets hope my instinct pulls through. :rolleyes: :)

4. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

i have no idea on their performance although id assume victor and yonex would make top notch products.
    but as far as aesthetics go, victor and yonex shoes you showed are far more appealing than the other ones

5. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Well I know that Jung Jae Sung and Park Sung Whan were or are still wearing the Victor shoes you showed, so I guess they aren't bad. But if you bought an even newer version, I guess that should be fine too. :)