sorry, yet another racket recommendation please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hotmilk, Mar 16, 2011.

1. hotmilk

hotmilk New Member

Student
    Hi all,

A little background info about myself. I played badminton for 6 years before taking ab break. I thought I was good, but recently, I went to Indonesia and got taught a lesson in badminton by my Indonesian friends. Suddenly, my passion was reignited and I wanted to play all over again.

I lost my racket about 3 years ago - my brother left it on a bus. It was a Carbonex 8000 if I'm not mistaken (can't remember the exact digits). Now, I'm looking to arm myself with a new racket, but can't decide which.

I initially wanted to get a Carbonex 7000 light, but having read the forums, realized that it wasn't really good.

I play both singles and doubles, but I smash a lot, so I'm looking for a racket that suits this style.

Budget is 50-60USD. Preferred brand is Yonex, doesn't matter which series, need help with the string type/tension as well.

Cheers, and many thanks!

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Honestly, there are very few Yonex rackets worth it at that price point. You're better off buying something else like a Carlton or Apacs at that price.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

For Apacs, Lethal 70 is an awesome racket