User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HH wants to be the 2nd singles player in thomas cup squad .. So he tries his best to get it.. Since our elite player still not producing results..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    HH wants to be the 2nd singles player in thomas cup squad .. So he tries his best to get it.. Since our elite player still not producing results..
    I think make him 3rd player better... if he 2nd singles then the poor guy who takes 3rd singles will suffer a mental breakdown...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with you. Not only the fans will lose hope before the 3rd match(crucial match), but the player himself also.. LMAO..
    TGIF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hafiz in strategic Euro pull out

Sunday, 04 Mar 2012

HAFIZ Hashim is making a sacrifice in a move to help Malaysia's cause in the Thomas Cup - he will skip two European tournaments. This move will cause his world ranking to drop.

But that is all part of Malaysia's Thomas Cup strategy.

Hafiz will now play third singles instead of second singles in the Thomas Cup final rounds in Wuhan, China on May 20-29.

Hafiz believes Malaysia have an outside chance of winning the Thomas Cup, and that is the reason for his withdrawal from the ongoing German Open and the Swiss Open on March 13-18.

Hafiz's performance as the second singles was not up to the mark in last month's Thomas Cup qualifiers in Macau and this was due to his poor physical condition.

But the 30-year-old, who is undergoing intense physical training under Roesdi Ghani (who has guided Lee Chong Wei in the last six years, expects himself to be in much better condition in China.

Hafiz, the World No 32, is also hopeful that Liew Daren, who is ranked No 43, can produce good results in the All England next week and the Swiss Open to improve on his world ranking.

Daren has to be ranked higher than Hafiz in the world, to play second singles in the Thomas Cup.

China are the firm favourites to retain the Thomas Cup but Hafiz believes Malaysia can upstage them.

This is because Malaysia's doubles are getting stronger. Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah can be counted on now.

"I can't qualify for the London Olympics and my priority is the Thomas Cup Finals.

"I can help Malaysia's cause as the third singles and this is the reason I withdrew from the German and Swiss Opens," said Hafiz.

"By doing so, Liew Daren will get the opportunity to overtake me and become our second singles. We can have a solid start through Chong Wei and our doubles are playing well and as the third singles,

"I believe I can do a better job than I did in Macau.

"I believe Malaysia have a good chance of winning although some teams look strong on paper. Even against China, anything can happen if Chong Wei wins the first singles.

"The only team who is going to be difficult to beat is South Korea due to their doubles. I feel we can match the others."

With Arif Latif and Chong Wei Feng not playing well, Hafiz is probably the only player other than Chong Wei who can contribute a point for Malaysia.

The All England is the only European tournament that Hafiz will play in.

In the qualifying rounds starting on Tuesday, he will play Chan Yan Kit of Hong Kong and could meet Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand in the second round with the winner advancing to the main draw.
    Courtesy of New Straits Times
    looks like Hafiz prefer to be in 3rd single position for MAS thomas cup team (if he's selected in line up), but don't forget about Zulfadli Zulkifli, the one who might destine to be in the team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hafiz as the third singles? If he wins it, Malaysia has a good chance to win the cup and it will be his best performance ever beside the all England title many years ago. Your last card, Hafiz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I think make him 3rd player better... if he 2nd singles then the poor guy who takes 3rd singles will suffer a mental breakdown...

Hafiz agrees with me, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is even better if he sit at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see the interview Hafiz gave after the loss yesterday.
    He said he lost because the court was changed from 1 to 2 without notice so he was not prepared.

Damn ... one of the dumbest excuse I have ever heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    He said he lost because the court was changed from 1 to 2 without notice so he was not prepared.

lets laugh...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post

Does it make a difference!?
    He's probably just finding something to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it make a difference!?
    He's probably just finding something to say
    Yes, it makes a huge difference to the blood pressure of the listener

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times I said. Let him RIP la....

NSC is correct. Cut him out. Don't waste anymore time for someone who was given donkey years to proof himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thomas cup 2008 needs him.. 2010 still needs him... now 2012 thomas cup STILLLLLL needs him?? what is this BAM? no other players that fit and qualify to fit in this yoyo shoe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut your losses, BAM

Zolkples said Hafiz is among the country's leading players on whose shoulders rest Malaysia's hopes in the Thomas Cup finals in Wuhan, China on May 20-27.The 2003 All England champion lost to Taiwan's unknown shuttler Chou Tien Chin, 21-11, 15-21, 12-21 on Tuesday."I watched Hafiz's match on TV and was shocked to see his shoddy performance," said Zolkples.Zolkples said he had earlier suggested to the BA of Malaysia to give talented youngsters like Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and Zulfadli Zulkifli a chance to play in international tournaments like the All England to gain exposure."Hafiz has been delivering unsteady performances and BAM must use wisdom to look for a formidable second singles player to complement Lee Chong Wei in the Thomas Cup," he said. Bernama

Read more: Cut your losses, BAM - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/cut-your-losses-bam-1.58076#ixzz1obQTrdhD

YOU can't even watch badminton matches in the qualifying rounds, a load of BULLSH*T
    - Hafiz is not even under BAM. Shows how much this Datuk Z knows before opening his big mouth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=george@chongwei;1857371]thomas cup 2008 needs him.. 2010 still needs him... now 2012 thomas cup STILLLLLL needs him?? what is this BAM? no other players that fit and qqualiLOL, he should have given the reason -want to give chance for Daren to move up as 2nd singles, hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I watched Hafiz's match on TV and was shocked to see his shoddy performance," said Zolkples.
    This is really funny. What channel was it?! Zolkples must have a 'special TV'. Why didnt the person who did this interview tell this guy, or asks him, how on earth did he manage to watch AE's QF rounds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    This is really funny. What channel was it?! Zolkples must have a 'special TV'. Why didnt the person who did this interview tell this guy, or asks him, how on earth did he manage to watch AE's QF rounds?
    This absolutely proves that he knows nothing and only knows how to shoot his mouth off. He also thought that Hafiz is under BAM and it is BAM that sent Hafiz there. Also, one more blunder that he made was saying that BAM should send Zulfadli Zukliffi. Zulfadli's world ranking is so low that he couldn't even participate in the qualifying rounds and also, Zul is not even under BAM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast