User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 161
  1. #1
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,746
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2011 Swiss Open GPG: Day 4 Friday 18-March (Quarter-Finals)

    .
    2011 Swiss Open GPG: Day 4 Friday 18-March (Quarter-Finals)

    The schedule of matches can be found located at;

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...553&d=20110318

    .

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A breakdown of the Quarterfinals by countries:

    MS: KOR 2, DEN 1, ESP 1, INA 1, IND 1, JPN 1, MAS 1
    WS: KOR 3, BUL 1, GER 1, INA 1, IND 1, TPE 1
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1
    WD: KOR 3, TPE 2, DEN 1, INA 1, JPN 1
    XD: DEN 2, MAS 2, ENG 1, INA 1, KOR 1, TPE 1

    Total: KOR 11, INA 6, TPE 5, DEN 4, IND 3, MAS 3, GER 2, JPN 2, BUL 1, ENG 1, ESP 1, NED 1

    By continent: Asia 30, Europe 10

    In the AE it was Asia 29.5 and Europe 10.5, so it appears the 3:1 Asia:Europe ratio in the QF is showing up again.

  3. #3
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,211
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Matches for Ina in QF :

    Simon v Sho Sasaki : last time they met, Sasaki won, so it's time for revenge !!

    Linda v Bae Youn joo : BYJ to prevail

    Alvent/Hendra AG v giant killer Bosch/Ridder : this should be interesting but Ina should grateful it's not BoMo who they face
    Ahsan/Bona v KSH/YYS : Korean in 3

    Mel/Greys v Jang Ye Na/Kim Min seo : still have faith in Mel/Greys so they'll win in 3

    Tantowi/Lily v Kolding/Houmann : Ina in 2

    So after QF expect Simon, Alvent/AG, Mel/Greys, Tantowi/Lily are thru...

  4. #4
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,746
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    A breakdown of the Quarterfinals by countries:

    MS: KOR 2, DEN 1, ESP 1, INA 1, IND 1, JPN 1, MAS 1
    WS: KOR 3, BUL 1, GER 1, INA 1, IND 1, TPE 1
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1
    WD: KOR 3, TPE 2, DEN 1, INA 1, JPN 1
    XD: DEN 2, MAS 2, ENG 1, INA 1, KOR 1, TPE 1

    Total: KOR 11, INA 6, TPE 5, DEN 4, IND 3, MAS 3, GER 2, JPN 2, BUL 1, ENG 1, ESP 1, NED 1

    By continent: Asia 30, Europe 10

    In the AE it was Asia 29.5 and Europe 10.5, so it appears the 3:1 Asia:Europe ratio in the QF is showing up again.
    .
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1

    What a surprise to find no Mens Doubles pairs from DEN.
    .

  5. #5
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1

    What a surprise to find no Mens Doubles pairs from DEN.
    .
    At the start of the Round of 16 they still had 3.

  6. #6
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1

    What a surprise to find no Mens Doubles pairs from DEN.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    At the start of the Round of 16 they still had 3.
    See:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-plaudits.html

    Quote from the link:
    "With 10,000 people watching and a great atmosphere, it's by far our biggest achievement," said Boe, who slumped to the ground at the denouement. "We're going back to Denmark tonight but we have two big bottles of champagne and I think we will drink them."
    I bet the world no. 1 MB/CM must be feeling the effect of the champagne they won in the AE by now, which probably explained why they were a little bit 'weak in the legs' just now.

  7. #7
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,746
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    Matches for Ina in QF :

    Simon v Sho Sasaki : last time they met, Sasaki won, so it's time for revenge !!

    Linda v Bae Youn joo : BYJ to prevail

    Alvent/Hendra AG v giant killer Bosch/Ridder : this should be interesting but Ina should grateful it's not BoMo who they face
    Ahsan/Bona v KSH/YYS : Korean in 3

    Mel/Greys v Jang Ye Na/Kim Min seo : still have faith in Mel/Greys so they'll win in 3

    Tantowi/Lily v Kolding/Houmann : Ina in 2

    So after QF expect Simon, Alvent/AG, Mel/Greys, Tantowi/Lily are thru...
    .
    From the results, Simon, Linda and Mel/Greys are not in top form;

    * Simon Santoso [2]-Sergey Ivlev 21-17, 23-21
    * Lindaweni Fanetri-Carolina Marin 22-20, 22-20
    * Meiliana Juahari/Greysia Polii [2]-Jenny Wallwork/Gabrielle White 21-14, 19-21, 24-22
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-17-2011 at 06:38 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,746
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    See:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-plaudits.html

    I bet the world no. 1 MB/CM must be feeling the effect of the champagne they won in the AE by now, which probably explained why they were a little bit 'weak in the legs' just now.
    .
    Hahaha... Can't blame them for drinking the champagne to celebrate their All England win.

    .

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Day 3 of the Swiss Open saw the exit of MHH (9) beaten by the unseeded Pablo Abian.
    However, two old guards are still in the running.
    Uncle WCH beat DP and LHI beat WHS, the Korean youngster. This says a lot for these two campaigners. They keep going despite the odds and early defeats in other tournaments. Hats off to them.
    The Malaysian back-up players should take a leaf from their books.
    Uncle’s match against JOJ in the quarter-final should be a cracker.
    SN exacted revenge on EH, her AE conqueror and the AE MD winners MB/CM lost to the unseeded pair of RB/KR. /
    Malaysian men’s doubles were pushed aside in day 3.
    Thankfully, we have two pairs contesting in the quarter-final matches and it is hoped that OJG/CSC and CPS/GLY oblige.

  10. #10
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,746
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Day 3 of the Swiss Open saw the exit of MHH (9) beaten by the unseeded Pablo Abian.
    However, two old guards are still in the running.
    Uncle WCH beat DP and LHI beat WHS, the Korean youngster. This says a lot for these two campaigners. They keep going despite the odds and early defeats in other tournaments. Hats off to them.
    The Malaysian back-up players should take a leaf from their books.
    Uncle’s match against JOJ in the quarter-final should be a cracker.
    SN exacted revenge on EH, her AE conqueror and the AE MD winners MB/CM lost to the unseeded pair of RB/KR. /
    Malaysian men’s doubles were pushed aside in day 3.
    Thankfully, we have two pairs contesting in the quarter-final matches and it is hoped that OJG/CSC and CPS/GLY oblige.
    .
    Talking about WCH in the Round of 16, I was quite surprised that he defeated DP so easily;

    Wong Choong Hann [12]-Dicky Palyama [8] 21-17, 21-07 in 28 minutes
    .

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so far the xd is doing great
    and today is another uphill task
    stamina is on their side

  12. #12
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,746
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so far the xd is doing great
    and today is another uphill task
    stamina is on their side
    .
    There are 2 MAS XD pairs at the QF today, namely;

    (1) Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying-vs-Nathan Robertson/Jenny Wallwork [Seeded 2]
    (2) Ong Jien Guo/Chong Sook Chin-vs-Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [Seeded 4]

    Don't know if both the MAS pairs can make it into the Semi-Finals.
    .

  13. #13
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    There are 2 MAS XD pairs at the QF today, namely;

    (1) Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying-vs-Nathan Robertson/Jenny Wallwork [Seeded 2]
    (2) Ong Jien Guo/Chong Sook Chin-vs-Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [Seeded 4]

    Don't know if both the MAS pairs can make it into the Semi-Finals.
    .
    More likely none than two.

    CPS/GLY vs NR/JW is a rematch of the Commonwealth Games Semi-finals, where the Malaysian pair held 2 match points but blew them as NR/JW made a comeback to steal the rug under the MAS pair. As for OJG/CSC, I'm pretty impressed that they have made it this pair, this pair is pretty average, so I am not going to even pin any hope on OJG/CSC. Well done to both for reaching this stage though, by causing upsets over higher-ranked opponents.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1

    What a surprise to find no Mens Doubles pairs from DEN.
    .
    The Danish pairs were blown away from IND, KOR, and NED pairs!!! WOOW...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennydut View Post
    The Danish pairs were blown away from IND, KOR, and NED pairs!!! WOOW...
    And I'll be dead in my PAW if 3 KOR WD lost their QF match. I would be happy if the best 2 PAW points from these two KOR ladies won.... ... I hope they win!!!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    MD: INA 2, KOR 2, GER 1, IND 1, NED 1, TPE 1

    What a surprise to find no Mens Doubles pairs from DEN.
    .
    For MD, I feel KOR will take this one with their A pairs are here

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    There are 2 MAS XD pairs at the QF today, namely;

    (1) Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying-vs-Nathan Robertson/Jenny Wallwork [Seeded 2]
    (2) Ong Jien Guo/Chong Sook Chin-vs-Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [Seeded 4]

    Don't know if both the MAS pairs can make it into the Semi-Finals.
    .
    i hope there is at least one pair made it

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    More likely none than two.

    CPS/GLY vs NR/JW is a rematch of the Commonwealth Games Semi-finals, where the Malaysian pair held 2 match points but blew them as NR/JW made a comeback to steal the rug under the MAS pair. As for OJG/CSC, I'm pretty impressed that they have made it this pair, this pair is pretty average, so I am not going to even pin any hope on OJG/CSC. Well done to both for reaching this stage though, by causing upsets over higher-ranked opponents.
    again,not to take any credit away from them
    but u can see how many match the opponent played in german open and all england
    even boe/morgensen lost yesterday
    the german xd pair is the semi finalist last week
    hopefully they can take advantage

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Swiss Open GPG: Day 6 Sunday 20-March (Finals Day)
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2011
    Replies: 69
    : 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM
  2. 2011 All England: Day 4 Friday 11-March (Quarter-Finals)
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2011
    Replies: 448
    : 03-14-2011, 12:00 AM
  3. 2011 Malaysia Open SS: Day 4 Quarter-Finals (Friday 21-Jan)
    By chris-ccc in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011
    Replies: 344
    : 01-21-2011, 08:21 PM
  4. 2009 India Open: Day 4 (Quarter-Finals) Friday March 27
    By chris-ccc in forum India Open 2009
    Replies: 262
    : 03-29-2009, 02:17 AM
  5. 2009 Swiss Open: Day 4 (Quarter-Finals) Friday March 13
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 685
    : 03-15-2009, 01:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •