voltric 80 or arcsaber 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Shuttlesmash, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Shuttlesmash

Shuttlesmash New Member

Hey guys, I am looking for some advice. My trusted carbonex 8 finally snapped. I am wanting to buy a new racket. I mainly play doubles with the occasional singles game. I would rate my game as an intermediate. I enjoy playing from the back of the court with smashes and drop shots. Which racket is more suitable? Thanks alot.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you are intermediate/advance player with a strong smash, get the VT80. otherwise, ARC10.

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    VT80 if you play doubles more. Arc10 is an all around racket while the vt80 is pure power/speed.

4. VanAnn

VanAnn Regular Member

Comparing VT80 against 900P, VT80 is better as it is more lively and can generate faster swing due to its new technologies and longer shaft. So it gives better feel and control (slightly better) than 900P. Other areas are about the same. If you like 900P, you will definitely like VT80.

Personally, I still prefer Arcsaber 10 as I find the control and maneuverability are better than VT80 due to the ligthter head. Unless you are used to head heavy racquets (AT700, AT900P and AT900T) or all the while you have no problem controlling head heavy racquets, you will very likely suffer on your speed, reaction, timing and accruracy with VT80. ​

5. cicakboy

cicakboy Regular Member

I have AT900P & ARC10. 900P is fantastic when i'm on form. Otherwise i revert back to trusty ARC10 when i'm off form. IMHO ARC10 is the dependable workhorse, AT900P is my racehorse. I'm eager to give VT80 a try.

6. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    agree with cicakboy completely, at900p is a real joy to use only when you are full of energy and using good technique

7. ronlee

ronlee Regular Member

Worked as Exorcist , Dragoon/Knight/Aria/Medicine/
    i agree with cicak boy too . i have both arc 10 and 900p but i usually start off with arc 10 after about 30 min i will switch to 900p , Help alot while i smash .

8. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you may want to try the Arc8DX too, its the improved Arc10 so to speak :p

the VT80 may be slightly too demanding for doubles even you use 4u while the Arc8DX is a workhorse and can be strung at a higher tension than Arc10.