I WANT A NEW RACKET!!! and some advice pls XD

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ah.b|ack, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Hi guys, totally new to this forum, as you can see from the date I joined...

I'm currently using a Yonex Muscle Power 55 SP (I bought this racket when I was 14/15(I forgot)... now I'm 24... you do the math...), with Yonex BG65Ti, 28lbs :eek:

I stop playing seriously since I was 18, since I left my secondary school, and I've been playing for fun, about few times in a month ever since that. For the pass few months I've been getting back into badminton because I joined the university team.

After watching All England, my desire to get a new racket has reaches its peak :D

So I was wonder, any pro can advice me which racket is more suitable for me?

I'm a crazy smasher that loves to play deception & counter attack and I'm a DOUBLE PLAYER (I have no idea how to describe my play style other than that :D), and I considered myself as an advanced player ;)

I do have some rackets on my wish list.
    Yonex Voltri 70, Yonex Voltri 80, Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash, Li-Ning N50 II

Looking forward to hear from you pros out there :D

2. druss

druss Regular Member

out of curiosity... did you choose those because based on the specs you thought they would be good for you, because of which pros use them or because of the hype?

I would recommend a stiff, even to slightly head heavy racket as a first choice, like an arc10 or at900t.

3. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    well i did choose those rackets based on their spec. Voltric does fit into the category because of its heavy head yet fast. For Z Slash, known for its hitting power and speed, but I heard quite alot of comments regarding how unfriendly the racket is. As for N50 II, mostly it's because of the professionals that use it, like Chai Biao (I didnt watch any of Fu Hai Feng's All England 2011, not sure he is using it or not). I am crazy about its paint job, and some comments about it are quite positive as a hard-hitting racket.

So that's about it. Thanks for the advice, I think I might have chance to try out a arc10 (friend's property...), but at900t... no hope XD