Any good fairly thick, spongy and sweat absorbent grips out there?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Lindanftw, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

Im looking for a good fairly thick, comfortable, spongy and really quit sweat absorbant grip.
    Im going to try my karakal PU grip soon, that feels really comfortable and spongy, hopefully it will be sweat absorbant too.

Thanks

2. jmore

jmore Regular Member

i think you'll find that you'll like the karakal PU grip. personally i'm also using that grip, except i have a thin mesh yonex overgrip over it because i find that the mesh overgrips are very absorbant.

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Since you did not mention if you would like the grip to be tacky or not at all, I am recommending the towel grip. It really has all the features that you mentioned, being fairly thick, comfortable to grip, spongy and very sweat absorbent for your needs.

The Karakal Super PU is pretty tacky but not as sweat absorbent as a towel grip. If you have a soft grip style then the PU grip will suit you but if you have a lot of strength in your fingers then the towel grip is definitely better. I'm saying this because you may end up not liking the Karakal Super PU as how I did.

4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    It may be worth trying the RKEP Ultimate G05 grips as these are fairly thick and tacky and I have found them very durable and they are also classified as anti-sweat.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

RKEP Super Soft is pretty squashy, and Ben's call of RKEP Ultimate is a good one: 'tis my go-to grip now, degrading slower than pretty much anything else (and actually improves the wetter your hands get).

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Maybe try towel grips

7. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    You should try the AC143EX-3. I have 6sets of them but I didn't try them yet because I just got them like few days ago. But it looks like its sweat asorbent. Its a little bit more expensive then other grips but I think it should be worth it. And its only 0.7 thickness if you like thicker ones I should suggest like grip it twice or like go in more circles if know what i mean.

ac143ex-3.jpg

8. anthony_6

anthony_6 Regular Member

the victor fish bone grip is really good too.... i've been using for karakal pu super grip for 1 yr+ until i bought a new bs10 with fish bone grip.... strongly recommend it too....