3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Lee Yong Dae will partner Ha Jung Eun for the 2012 Olympics

Lee Yong Dae will partner Ha Jung Eun for the 2012 Olympics

News just received;

Lee Yong-dae lands new partner
    2011-03-22 19:02

Lee Yong-dae, South Korea’s reigning Olympic champion in mixed doubles badminton, will get a new partner in his title defense at the 2012 London Games, his coach said Tuesday.

“We’ve concluded that Lee Yong-dae and Ha Jung-eun will be the optimal mixed doubles team,” coach Sung Han-kuk said. “We made the call after three European tournaments this month.”

Lee, 22, won the Beijing Olympics gold medal with Lee Hyo-jung, a 30-year-old who announced her retirement from the national team after winning mixed doubles gold at the Guangzhou Asian Games last fall. She played with Shin Baek-cheol at the time.

With Lee Hyo-jung out of the picture, Sung and his coaches mulled over the best combination for Lee Yong-dae over the German Open, All-England Open and Swiss Open championships.

In Germany, Lee played with Kim Ha-na and lost in the quarterfinals. After skipping the mixed doubles in England, Lee teamed up with Ha in Switzerland and reached the semifinals, where they lost to a tough duo in three sets.

“(Lee and Ha) pushed the strong Danish team (of Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christina Pedersen) in the semis to three sets,” Sung said. “After taking into account these recent results, we felt (Lee and Ha) played well as a team.”

Ha, 23, had previously played with Lee at the 2005 Korea Open as a high school freshman. In Beijing, Lee Yong-dae provided stability while Lee Hyo-jung, slightly taller than her male partner at 181 centimeters, attacked the net with abandon. Coach Sung said Ha, listed at 173 centimeters, may not be as adept near the net as Lee Hyo-jung but has potential for improvement.

“Lee Yong-dae is the steady player and Ha will get better around the net,” the coach said. “He’s found a good match.”

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/sports/De...20110322000899

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happens to ko sung hyun? just focusing on doubles now?

I thought he was a good mixed player too.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Yong Dae is just about to quit men's-double match?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Are you asking us? Or telling us?

Quote Originally Posted by heqingbluesky View Post
    Lee Yong Dae is just about to quit men's-double match?
    Are you asking us? Or, telling us?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung Jae Sung should play with Kim Min Jung. I reckon he would be a great XD player. LYD should have a good chance in OG12. with Jung and Ha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Ko Sung Hyun partnering Ha Jung Eun at the 2011 Sudirman Cup

Quote Originally Posted by red_dragon View Post
    what happens to ko sung hyun? just focusing on doubles now?

I thought he was a good mixed player too.....
    He is.

And we saw Ko Sung Hyun partnering Ha Jung Eun on Thursday (26-May-2011) at the Sudirman Cup (playing against Malaysia).

Ko Sung Hyun/Ha Jung Eun defeated Koo Kien Keat/Chin Eei Hui 21-17, 21-17, in 28 minutes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Jung Jae Sung should play with Kim Min Jung. I reckon he would be a great XD player. LYD should have a good chance in OG12. with Jung and Ha.
    I don't think he would be good enough to cover the court?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Jung Jae Sung could probably be playing with Kim Min Jung

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    According to what was said by coach Sung Han-kuk; Lee Yong Dae will partner Ha Jung Eun for the 2012 Olympics, therefore Jung Jae Sung could probably be playing with Kim Min Jung as the other Mixed Doubles pair.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    According to what was said by coach Sung Han-kuk; Lee Yong Dae will partner Ha Jung Eun for the 2012 Olympics, therefore Jung Jae Sung could probably be playing with Kim Min Jung as the other Mixed Doubles pair.
    I don't think they'll send JJS as a XD player, the best results have been achieved by LYD and KSH recently....I've actually never heard of JJS playing XD. In most cases, the 'front' player of a strong MD combination is the better XD player, as XD is very tactical and the front players are often the playmakers. Same with HS/MK - HS is a much much better XD player than MK, who often plays himself into trouble.
    KSH is a bit of an exception, but he and YYS dont really have a set formation whereas JJS really prefers to play from the back of the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    KSH is a bit of an exception, but he and YYS dont really have a set formation whereas JJS really prefers to play from the back of the court.
    True... But what do you guys think about KSH playing XD with KMJ? YYS and KMJ do not have the best results but I see potential in KMJ and I think KOR will need a 2nd XD Pair.. a good one..

OR: LYD with KMJ and let HJE be the partner of KSH... as we have seen in Sudirman Cup KSH & HJE are capable of defeating the Chinese...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung Jae Sung played mixed in a few tournaments last year with Lee Kyung Won. He was also national championship runner-up in mixed one year. He can play it but he has never specialized in it. Don't expect him to suddenly start playing it now. He has done everything but explicitly state that London is his final goal, qualification has already started, and Kim Min Jung is playing with Shin Baek Cheol in the three June tournaments. Kim Ha Na, Jang Ye Na, Jung Kyung Eun, and Kim Min Seo all have new or continuing partnerships as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure LYD will have enough energy to play both disciplines, from Sudirman Cup, Korea may hint that LYD still has a bit injury( KOREA did not filed LYD/Ha to take XD from CHN)..I wont be surprised that LYD/Ha may withdraw some of 3 next tournaments.....it is tough especially on 3rd tournament, INA PREMIER Open....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I don't think they'll send JJS as a XD player, the best results have been achieved by LYD and KSH recently....I've actually never heard of JJS playing XD. In most cases, the 'front' player of a strong MD combination is the better XD player, as XD is very tactical and the front players are often the playmakers. Same with HS/MK - HS is a much much better XD player than MK, who often plays himself into trouble.
    I agree with the example that CY would be awesome in mixed, yet at the same time, when I watched FHF played mixed with MJ, he was fantastic. But I disagree, presenting examples such as Zheng Bo, Xu Chen, Tao Jiaming, Nathan Robertson, Anthony Clark, and Robert Blair....All of whom are back court players, and play an aggressive-power style and pound the bird =]

Oh, and JJS did play mixed. I have a vid of him playing in the qualifying stages for MO many years ago. He played with the LD partner of LHJ i believe.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    I agree with the example that CY would be awesome in mixed, yet at the same time, when I watched FHF played mixed with MJ, he was fantastic. But I disagree, presenting examples such as Zheng Bo, Xu Chen, Tao Jiaming, Nathan Robertson, Anthony Clark, and Robert Blair....All of whom are back court players, and play an aggressive-power style and pound the bird =]

Oh, and JJS did play mixed. I have a vid of him playing in the qualifying stages for MO many years ago. He played with the LD partner of LHJ i believe.
    I think Zheng Bo profited very much from Gao Lings skill, he is a very good mixed player, but a bit too smash-happy (like Kido - but his smash is better and he's fitter^^).
    Xu Chen, Nathan Robertson and Robert Blair are not back court players imop. Of course they are good back court players, but Nathan and Robert don't have the cannon smash most back players do, and Xu Chen was never very good in MD imop so I cant judge that accurately.
    Tao Jiaming has severe weaknesses which are often exploited by the opponents (weak defense, weak net play). Same with HHB, but TJM uses more variation in his attack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Jung Jae Sung played mixed in a few tournaments last year with Lee Kyung Won. He was also national championship runner-up in mixed one year. He can play it but he has never specialized in it. Don't expect him to suddenly start playing it now. He has done everything but explicitly state that London is his final goal, qualification has already started, and Kim Min Jung is playing with Shin Baek Cheol in the three June tournaments. Kim Ha Na, Jang Ye Na, Jung Kyung Eun, and Kim Min Seo all have new or continuing partnerships as well.
    what about yoo yeon seong? Play in MD only for now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    what about yoo yeon seong? Play in MD only for now?
    Well, as you can see, in Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand, Yoo will be playing with Jang Ye Na. Technically, these pairings are not etched in stone but on the other hand, switching them around and still having players accumulate Olympic qualifying points is pretty iffy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Lee Yong Dae will partner Ha Jung Eun for the 2012 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    True... But what do you guys think about KSH playing XD with KMJ? YYS and KMJ do not have the best results but I see potential in KMJ and I think KOR will need a 2nd XD Pair.. a good one..

OR: LYD with KMJ and let HJE be the partner of KSH... as we have seen in Sudirman Cup KSH & HJE are capable of defeating the Chinese...
    Yes, at the 2011 Sudirman Cup, KSH & HJE performed well.

I wonder if coach Sung Han-kuk would make another change; from what decision that was made 3 months' ago;

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Lee Yong Dae will partner Ha Jung Eun for the 2012 Olympics

Lee Yong-dae, South Korea’s reigning Olympic champion in mixed doubles badminton, will get a new partner in his title defense at the 2012 London Games, his coach said.

“We’ve concluded that Lee Yong-dae and Ha Jung-eun will be the optimal mixed doubles team,” coach Sung Han-kuk said. “We made the call after three European tournaments this month.”

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/sports/De...20110322000899

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast