User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 73
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Ha Jun Eun was very tired at the XD final today... but LYD was still full of energy still even at the end....
    Think they were both tiring towards the 2nd half of the 3rd game. When they get into position to get ready to receive serve from the Chinese, LYD was taking a lot of time an just seemed not able to keep up the intensity. Don't blame either of them though, they had tough games in their respective men's and women's doubles earlier on in the day.

    My opinion is that HJE really needs to train more to be more aggressive at the front court area. At the moment, she can't compete with Ma Jin or Zhao Yunlei. Her awareness and ability to intercept does not quite compare with Ma Jin. Ma Jin also has superb defensive skills, even better than Xu Chen. HJE also still has improvements to make in her defensive play.
    I really love watching Ma Jin play, but I think HJE has the potential to challenge Ma Jin given time.
    LYD/HJE is quite comparable to Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei. Both combinations are very evenly balanced, have fantastic athletes who rely on placement, tactics and precision.

  2. #53
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,779
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up I would like to see JJS coming in to tell HJE how to do certain shots when at the net

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    Think they were both tiring towards the 2nd half of the 3rd game. When they get into position to get ready to receive serve from the Chinese, LYD was taking a lot of time an just seemed not able to keep up the intensity. Don't blame either of them though, they had tough games in their respective men's and women's doubles earlier on in the day.

    My opinion is that HJE really needs to train more to be more aggressive at the front court area. At the moment, she can't compete with Ma Jin or Zhao Yunlei. Her awareness and ability to intercept does not quite compare with Ma Jin. Ma Jin also has superb defensive skills, even better than Xu Chen. HJE also still has improvements to make in her defensive play.
    .
    Yes, I am sure HJE and her coaches are working to improve HJE's front-court play.

    I would like to see JJS coming in to tell HJE how to do certain shots when at/near the net.
    .

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, I am sure HJE and her coaches are working to improve HJE's front-court play.

    I would like to see JJS coming in to tell HJE how to do certain shots when at/near the net.
    .
    Did you mean LYD? rather than JJS?
    Or is JJS a coach?

  4. #55
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,779
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Allowing LYD to play at his best/maximum ability

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    Did you mean LYD? rather than JJS?
    Or is JJS a coach?
    .
    No, that's not what I meant.

    What I am saying is for JJS to tell HJE how to play with LYD as a partner, allowing LYD to play at his best/maximum ability.
    .

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, JJS able to maximize the potential LYD has. JJS is also able to cover up front net battle, if LYD pushed way back..That is one of the reason why they are world No. 2 MD.

  6. #57
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,838
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think LYD would be the better person to show her how to play at the net....after all, he's better at setting up his partner in the back in MD than JJS is
    I really hope HJE can improve in the net area, she lost the battle for attack too often against Ma Jin, enabling Xu Chen to smash too much. Even if she can't win the attack, she needs to use more flat pushes against a player like him (good smash, no real other skills in international pro terms).

  7. #58
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,779
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I think LYD would be the better person to show her how to play at the net....after all, he's better at setting up his partner in the back in MD than JJS is
    I really hope HJE can improve in the net area, she lost the battle for attack too often against Ma Jin, enabling Xu Chen to smash too much. Even if she can't win the attack, she needs to use more flat pushes against a player like him (good smash, no real other skills in international pro terms).
    .
    Or even to get Lee Hyo Jung to return to help HJE, since LHJ played so well with LYD.
    .

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Or even to get Lee Hyo Jung to return to help HJE, since LHJ played so well with LYD.
    .
    LHJ retired after Asian Games. She married a basketball player. Anyone has any other update on her?

  9. #60
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,719
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    imo, this hje is quite good for her young age... her defence is impenetrable, her counter attack is great, her smash is powerful, only thing iffy is her serve sometimes... she'll only improve from here

    however, i have reservations with both her and lyd competing in 2 events each. her in xd and wd, while lyd in xd and md. cmiiw, but no other player pair do that, usually it's only one of the pair doing that, not both

    we can see how they lost steam in the 3rd set in ko xd final agains xu/ma

    imo, hje good as she is, should give up wd if she is to succeed with lyd

  10. #61
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,779
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    imo, hje good as she is, should give up wd if she is to succeed with lyd
    .
    I believe KOR coaches are thinking the same too.

    Let's wait and see.

    In the next month or 2, I believe HJE will be participating in just the XD event (although LYD will still be involved in both the MD and XD).
    .

  11. #62
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,719
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I believe KOR coaches are thinking the same too.

    Let's wait and see.

    In the next month or 2, I believe HJE will be participating in just the XD event (although LYD will still be involved in both the MD and XD).
    .
    Just checked the TS seed list for upcoming Maybank MO... HJE is only playing WD, not XD! And LYD is only playing MD, no XD!

    Looks like they're giving their partnership a break...

  12. #63
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,719
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^
    D'oh! She's not seeded with LYD, so they're not on the list, but they are playing 2 events each again at the MO!

  13. #64
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,779
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Congratulations to Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Coach Sung Han-kuk must be very happy that Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun have made it into the Semi-Finals of the 2012 Korea Open SSP. Here are their results;

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...73A7EF&draw=10

    Slowly but surely, Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun have made it to Ranked No.12 (as at 05-Jan-2012);

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/ra...9&category=476

    Perhaps next week, Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun could be ranked in the Top 10 (and be ready for the 2012 Olympic Games).

    Let's wait and see.
    .
    Congratulations to Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun for making it into the Finals of the 2012 German Open GP Gold.

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...3-305480068147
    .

  14. #65
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,838
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great match. But his MD was even better Lots of ohhs and ahhs
    Could've hit myself - I walked past him several times, but didn't have anything at all for him to sign :/
    Next year, I'll be prepared. I hope somebody recorded one of those matches of him.
    The umpiring in the mixed was ridiculous, by the way - the umpire wouldn't allow any players to towel down, not even after Sato had basically mopped half the court. When all 4 went for a towel-down anyway, Matsuo Shizuka got a yellow card.....some umpires still live in the 80s.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I noticed that LYD and HJE rarely talk to each other during KO semi-final match, especially during 1st game, they probably didn't speak to each other at all, just something strange I would say. Do they not like each other off the court?? just wondering... It's rarely to see doubles players don't communicate during matches. Maybe they're both too tired to think stuff to discuss, it's tough to play 2 matches a day and keeping up with the intensity at all times.

  16. #67
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,838
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have no idea. They talked a little at the GO semis, but it doesn't seem like they have a friendly relationship - rather a professional one. Or they're so used to each other (they played as kids) that they don't need to talk
    The tiredness is probably not the reason. When you play intensely like that, your body can start to get tired and ache, but in a match, you're 100% awake.
    That being said, they didn't look like they were playing with their full intensity in yesterday's first game. Rather timid performance, kind of defensive, and LYD didn't smash very hard. Only at the end did you see their effort, but at 19-20 LYD decided to smash a half-court lift into the net
    The next games were completely different, and super exiting. I hope he continues coming here every year!

  17. #68
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,779
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nis270r View Post
    I noticed that LYD and HJE rarely talk to each other during KO semi-final match.
    .
    Perhaps their coaches could/would encourage them to communicate more (from now onwards).
    .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng vs. Lee Yong-dae & Jung Jae-song
    By miss.boon in forum Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011
    Replies: 26
    : 06-24-2011, 09:41 AM
  2. [Request] AE 2009 QF Ma Jin / Zheng Bo vs. Lee Yong Dae / Lee Hyo Jung
    By Cheetah in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 0
    : 09-16-2010, 02:48 PM
  3. Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung, Poor form
    By LD rules! in forum Korea Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 05-20-2010, 04:16 PM
  4. Lee Yong Dae / Jung Jae Sung not defending their All-England title in 2009
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 63
    : 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
  5. Nova/Lilyana vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung
    By TH_4_President in forum Olympics BEIJING 2008
    Replies: 45
    : 08-17-2008, 09:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •