Arundhati Pantawane

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Mar 26, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Based on the just released BWF World Rankings (2011 Week 12), Arundhati Pantawane (IND) is ranked No.267.

This could be a good year for Arundhati. Her results so far;

January......2011 Estonian International......Runner-up
    January......2011 Swedish International.......17/32

At the 2011 Polish International (just an hour ago), she arrived at the Semi-Finals. Let's see if she could make it to the Finals?

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Arundhati has made it to the singles finals of the Yonex Czech International, where she will play for the title against 4th seeded Czech Kristina Gavnholt tomorrow, Sunday October 2.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Arundhati Pantawane

ArundhatiPantawane.jpg

Date of birth: 02 September, 1989
    Place of birth: Nagpur, India.
    Current BWF singles ranking: 82
    Represents country: India

Arundhati is contracted to the Taby club in Stockholm, Sweden for 2011, and has been playing the European circuit this year as a result. This came about as a helping hand from Atik Jauhari.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Arundhati Pantawane has climbed up to Rank No.82, from No.267, in just 9 months

It's great that Arundhati Pantawane has climbed up to Rank No.82, from No.267, in just 9 months.

She should be moving up into the Top 50 soon. :):):)

At the 2011 Czech International, she arrived at the Finals (02-October), but was defeated by Kristina Gavnholt 21-10, 21-18 in 40 minutes.

Source: http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...3CDFFD-0F63-4F24-96DD-B90372F923C1&d=20111002

#4 chris-ccc, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thanks for the update, chris! :D Here is a report...

Arundhati's dream run ends in final

Oct 3, 2011, 05.24AM IST TNN

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/10213710.cms

Excerpts:

NAGPUR: The dream run of Arundhati Pantawane ended on Sunday when the unseeded Indian lost against the local player Kristina Gavnholt in the final of the Czech Open at Brno.

After upsetting three seeded players, including the top seed, en route to the final, the expectations were quite high from Arundhati. However, the 22-year-old Nagpur shuttler failed to rise to the occasion by losing 10-21, 18-21 to No. 4 seed from Czech Republic.

"It was one of those bad days at the office when nothing worked in my favour. Compared to the earlier rounds, I made too many mistakes today. It added to the frustration and I could not play at my best. I had a golden chance to claim my maiden international title but squandered away the opportunity," a dejected Arundhati told TOI after the loss.

...It was second loss for Arundhati in the finals of international tournament. Early this year in January, Arundhati, who is currently ranked 82 in the world, had lost in the final of the Estonia Open to New Zealander Michelle Kit Ying Chan.

"I was not under any pressure of the big final. I just could not deliver my best. The net cord in the second game when the score was 16-18 just made my task even more difficult. Had I managed to win the second game, I would have surely beat her as third game has always been my strong point. Unfortunately for me, I was at the receiving end of some of the close line calls," reasoned Arundhati.

Arundhati, who is now based in Sweden as the professional player of Stockholm's Taby Club, will next participate in Dutch Open later this month.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Arundhati should break into top-20: Gopichand
    Suhas Nayse, TNN | Oct 8, 2011

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nto-top-20-Gopichand/articleshow/10274926.cms

Excerpts:

NAGPUR: There is a special bond between Arundhati Pantawane and Pullela Gopichand. It was established between the student and coach five years ago when the 17-year-old Arundhati decided to join Gopichand's Badminton Academy in Hyderabad.

...Having seen Arundhati closely since 2007 and watched his ward's phenomenal rise to become India's best prospect after Saina Nehwal, Gopichand is simply thrilled with the way Arundhati has been performing this year.

...Reaching the final of the Czech Open last week, has not only enabled Arundhati gain 10 places in the world rankings but also pip PV Sindhu to the third spot. Hyderabad teenager Sindhu, who briefly overtook Arundhati in the rankings, remained at 76 in the world.

...Although, Gopichand is pleased with the way Arundhati's career is shaping up, he believed she has still lot to achieve at the international stage. "This is just the beginning and she has a long way to go. She has lot of potential. She should break into the top-20 in a year's time. I want to see her in top-20 as soon as possible and for that to happen she must participate regularly in the international tournaments," said the former All-England champion.

..."As she moves up the ladder, competition will obviously increase. To get better of the quality opponents, she needs overall improvement in her game. She needs to build her strength. From now, consistency will be the key factor. She cannot afford to relax. She should make her good form count to the best of her advantage," said the national chief coach.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Arundhati Pantawane is now placed at No.71 (as at the 06-Oct-2011 BWF Rankings)

Let's wait and see if Arundhati Pantawane can perform well in her next few tournaments.

Currently, she is still doing fine; She is placed at No.71, as at the 06-Oct-2011 BWF Rankings.

Source: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    OT: Sindhu has not participated in any events recently as she is (probably) preparing for the WJC later this month. That could be the reason for her static ranking.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Arundhati is participating in the Dutch Open this week, and meets 3rd seed Salakjit Ponsanna of Thailand tomorrow, in the first round.

Arundhati can be a tough customer on her day, but she is up against a very consistent player who is ranked 21 in the world right now. But it is the first round, and if an upset has to happen, it could happen now...

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    For the second time in 2 consecutive tournaments, Arundhati came up against the girl who beats her - Kristina Gavnholt of the Czech Republic. The last time was at the finals of the Czech Open, just 10 days ago! This time, Arundhati went down in straight games as well, 21-19, 21-14 to the better player. Back to the drawing board?

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I could add some more info for you guys.. Arundhati currently trains and lives for long periods in Sweden, at Täby Badminton, one of Swedens largest clubs, a bit north of Stockholm. She likes Sweden alot, and was also recently joined in the Täby club by another indian, young MS-player Kidambi Nandagopal.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Cool! Thanks for those interesting bits of info, twobeer!

I've often wondered... how do the Indian players (especially the younger ones like these) manage in countries where the weather (especially the autumn/winter months) is just so alien to them? They have lived their lives in hot, often humid (or dry, depending...) dusty climates, their diet has been completely different since birth. How do they cope? Do you know?

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes, I know :) .. They have to get warm clothing during authumn/winter here and hot tea, coffe and chocolate :) .. Also I think there are more indian, thai, and chineese resturants here than Swedish.. So it usually isn't a big problem with food.. Many indian resturants here chickens out a bit with the spices though.. But If you ask nicely you get the burning Vindaloo :-D

Cheers,
    T

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Arundhati Pantawane is from Nagpur, India

Arundhati Pantawane is from Nagpur, India. The winter climate there can be cold. It can drop below 10°C (50°F). Therefore, Arundhati won't have a climatic shock in Sweden. :D:D:D

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There's cold, and then there's COLD! :D But being close to Stockolm, she should be able to cope. Don't know about the wind-chill factor, though. :eek: Ah well, she's young enough to manage, I suppose! :D

Good for her she gets the vindaloo and stuff! People from Nagpur and places thereabouts like their food spiced up! I believe they like their salads and entrees with some green chillies on the side! :eek::D

It's nice to know there's a lot of choice in food for foreign players who make their base there. Sweden is a country that is constantly among the very top in terms of standard of living, countries of choice, etc., so I guess its no surprise there is a very cosmopolitan "flavour" there! And its not as cold as here, on... errr.... where was I? :D

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Arundhati has won the Bahrain international challenge title.

Here is the link.

"http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/11/11/arundhati-pantawane-clinches-bahrain-international-challenge-title/"

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Has she taken premature retirement?? I liked her style of play!!
    Anybody can explain? What happened after that injury? Any hopes of a comeback?