2011 Wilson Blade BLX

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angeleyes1c13, Mar 26, 2011.

1. angeleyes1c13

angeleyes1c13 Regular Member

I'm trying to find out more information about this racket because I'm interested in buying it. Wilson themselves doesn't have it on their website. Badmintonalley.com lists it as being head heavy with a balance point of 29.8 cm. I understand that the higher the balance point, the more head heavy a racket is. The problem is that it's conflicting on different website sometimes. For example, the 2011 Wilson Zonar BlX has a balance point of 31.0 cm, but badmintonalley.com lists it as an even balance racket.

I just want to make sure that the Blade BLX is indeed head heavy before I buy it. I just don't understand why manufacturers don't use words like "head heavy" or "head light" instead of confusing consumers with numbers that may not mean much. And I think it's stupid on Wilson's part not to have any information about their new line of 2011 rackets. So far, only badmintonalley.com and badmintonavenue.com are the only merchants that have any information about this racket.

2. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

because not many people play badminton,so too reduce money they didnt do marketing,...like my self just got the Carlton Aerosonic X-833 GLO last two days,...and no info on the web :p ..the racket was launch on February 2011 if not mistaken,..

3. hitabird

hitabird Regular Member

I'm in Saigon of Vietnam and have never tried a Recon. There's only authorised shop in town but they only have: Blade, Zen (?), Sword (?). So now I'm coming up to the final decision choosing : BLX Blade, or K Blaze ...please help me out of this.

My premier selection range is: Speed then Manuever then Power. ANd what the Wilson describe the BLX Blade is: High flex and Solid feel, this has been confusing me much.

Thank you for all !!!

4. Footwork_816

Footwork_816 Regular Member

Its not head heavy. I've held one and it felt pretty even balanced to me. If it is head heavy its slightly head heavy. definitely not an 8

5. gardener

gardener New Member

It is not head light, it is a mid head heavy. similar to VT7 feeling.