Looking for a good coach in London

Discussion in 'UK' started by clouds, Mar 27, 2011.

1. clouds

clouds New Member

Hello,

I am interested in taking up coaching lessons. Any advice where I should look or who to contact? Any coach recommendation will be very much welcome. Btw, I am based in London.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ashiq

Ashiq New Member

Hi,

I can't vouch for how good he might be but the only place I know of where coaching is available is at London Metropolitan University on Holloway Road, Holloway. I believe the coach runs sessions on Tuesdays from 6pm.

3. jgbreezer

jgbreezer Regular Member

Software Developer
    There's a guy who seems quite good and runs (at least) a couple of No Strings sessions in S/SE London, called Wayne - see the no strings site for Crystal Palace/Dulwich. Also show up as meets on meetup.com (many other badminton groups there too, some with coaching available eg. "Step-Up badminton", the "universe" one where you're graded by scale on the planets of the solar system, and other groups). Never had full coaching session with Wayne but he's helpful coaching-wise during the regular badminton games sessions at these No Strings events and seems to know a lot.

Suggest you turn up to clubs/speak to people who organise them in your area and ask them about coaching, if they know any or would recommend any.

4. davidli

davidli Regular Member

driving instructor
    badminton coach in Wimbledon

Hi, Im a Level 2 Badminton Coach in Wimbledon SW19, usually im based there but depending on distance, I can travel to coach, from beginners to county players, my contact number is 07709888848 ask for David... or drop me an email.

5. UniverseBad

UniverseBad New Member

6. Blade_123

Blade_123 Regular Member

Accountant
    I would echo what UniverseBad said. The coach of the group is an amiable person, who is very experienced, and makes both individual and group training sessions enjoyable.

All the best.