Recommendation for an intermediate-level player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rubenxfc, Mar 27, 2011.

1. rubenxfc

rubenxfc New Member

Hi all! I'm an intermediate level player who plays 8-10 hours a week, I smash/attack a lot, and I mostly play singles. Yesterday I broke my racket, an old RSL Millenium Heat 4800, and I need a new one as soon as possible. Now, I don't know a thing about rackets, so choosing one is being awfully hard, and the more info I read, the more lost I get.

I'm looking for an all-around racket, even to light-headed balanced (luckily my strikes are pretty strong, I struggle with not hitting the shuttle over the bottom line, so I'm thinking I could use the maneuverability and control of a light-headed racket)

I will buy the racket online, so I can't try them, but I've made a small list with the rackets I found interesting withint my range price (around 60€):

Carlton Airblade Ti
    Carlton Vapour Trail FX-TI
    Carlton Aeroblade TT Gold
    Yonex Nanospeed 500
    Yonex Nanospeed 300
    Yonex Arcsaber 003
    Ashaway kevlar 7000SQ
    Wilson K Rival
    Wilson K Brave
    Wilson K Tour

My question is, Have any of you tried any of these? Any recommendations? I don't care at all about the look/brand of the racket.

The list was taken from a british online shop, if some rackets seem out of my price range it is because they have them on sale (40-50%). Also, any good online shop recommendation (I live in Belgium) will be kindly accepted.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Cheers!

2. rubenxfc

rubenxfc New Member

Ok, so I've been looking more into those models, and I think I'm going to go with a Wilson K, maybe Tour. Does it need to be restrung, or the original strings are good enough?

Thanks

3. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    if u spend a lil bit more (still under €100) you can get already a top-en racket from yonex..y dont go for it?

4. rubenxfc

rubenxfc New Member

Any model in particular? Just to check them out.

The truth is I never worried about the rackets, this is the first one I buy by myself, and I just want something nice for it's value, and to forget about it until it breaks again :p

5. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    the most obvious is AT700..last time AT900PLC was offered for only €99 at German Open 2011 and found ARC10PG for €99 from a trusted seller in eBay..

6. rubenxfc

rubenxfc New Member

Thanks for the advice, i'll try to look for them online. Anyway, it's a little too much than what I wanted, and what I need

7. kazibul

kazibul Regular Member

wilson k-tour..very easy to handle..also good racket for smashing...