User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the end of the year they might get back to either world no.2. But that wouldn't be a true indication of this pair's quality, ability to win. The Korean pairs ranked higher than them are history, so with China and Hong Kong open, the merit of their ranking points should expire. meanwhile all KKK/TBH need to do is to make sure they do better than they did in all the tournaments last year by advancing closer to the finals of the tournaments. Meanwhile they've got Kim SaRang and Kim KiJung to watch out for, cos at the rate they're going, I can see them gun the no.1 spot in the world by early next year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    By the end of the year they might get back to either world no.2. But that wouldn't be a true indication of this pair's quality, ability to win. The Korean pairs ranked higher than them are history, so with China and Hong Kong open, the merit of their ranking points should expire. meanwhile all KKK/TBH need to do is to make sure they do better than they did in all the tournaments last year by advancing closer to the finals of the tournaments. Meanwhile they've got Kim SaRang and Kim KiJung to watch out for, cos at the rate they're going, I can see them gun the no.1 spot in the world by early next year.
    Yeah, KKK/TBH have to maintain their consistency thus improving their stamina and speed. Korean pair are all young players with incredible amount of speed and power equipped with huge gas tank. The quarter final match between KKK/TBH vs LYD/KSH is really showing the quality of the Korean boys. Koo/Tan although defends quite well, at some point it will be destroyed by relentless attack by their opponent.

They have to play with the tempo to beat Korean boys. Look at the BoMo strategy when they play against KKJ/KSR at the quarter final of Denmark Premier 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Yeah, KKK/TBH have to maintain their consistency thus improving their stamina and speed. Korean pair are all young players with incredible amount of speed and power equipped with huge gas tank. The quarter final match between KKK/TBH vs LYD/KSH is really showing the quality of the Korean boys. Koo/Tan although defends quite well, at some point it will be destroyed by relentless attack by their opponent.

They have to play with the tempo to beat Korean boys. Look at the BoMo strategy when they play against KKJ/KSR at the quarter final of Denmark Premier 2012.
    Yes, BoMo's strategy against Korean pairs always works better because fast attacking play is not the main quality of KKK/TBH's game.

Even if they play like BoMo it won't work because they don't have the height, long reach and physical body strength of the danes.

I suggest they have a look at which game Cai/Fu adopt against KimKiJung/Sarang and LYD/KSH, Shin/Yoo. It would be interesting to see if any of the Korean pairs can take on Cai/Fu, I believe all 3 of them are capable of doing so.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    I suggest they have a look at which game Cai/Fu adopt against KimKiJung/Sarang and LYD/KSH, Shin/Yoo. It would be interesting to see if any of the Korean pairs can take on Cai/Fu, I believe all 3 of them are capable of doing so.
    Looking at Cai/Fu's age, don't think they can last against the 3 new KOR pairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Looking at Cai/Fu's age, don't think they can last against the 3 new KOR pairs.
    True, but unlike KKK/TBH's attitude since a year ago, Cai/Fu always find a way to win, and they don't give up easily. I reckon it would be a close match between Cai/Fu and Kim/Kim and LYD/KSH if they were to meet in China Open or Hong Kong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my fav doubles always hoping to see a positive change in them, perhaps better fitness, better mentality during game and better game strategy from the coaches, from what I see, their 1st set is always full of intensity then when it goes to the 2nd set they start to chill and just defending and setting up shots for opponents to smash, no matter how imba their defense is the opponent will break through eventually which led to their past defeats.....do hope to see their comebacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin316 View Post
    my fav doubles always hoping to see a positive change in them, perhaps better fitness, better mentality during game and better game strategy from the coaches, from what I see, their 1st set is always full of intensity then when it goes to the 2nd set they start to chill and just defending and setting up shots for opponents to smash, no matter how imba their defense is the opponent will break through eventually which led to their past defeats.....do hope to see their comebacks
    They have lost direction on how to comeback.Or I shall say, they will not comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    They have lost direction on how to comeback.Or I shall say, they will not comeback.
    If each of them is travelling in a straight line by himself

and on earth eventually they will come back to where they are

unless they are 'traveling' together for a common goal

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Koo bids to make BWFs Athletes Commission

Courtesy of The Star :

Koo bids to make BWF’s Athletes Commission

KUALA LUMPUR: Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh is not the only Malaysian bidding for a position in the world body.

While Nadzmi is standing for election for the Badminton World Federation (BWF) president’s post, national men’s doubles star Koo Kien Keat is seeking to become a member or the chair of the BWF’s Athletes Commission.

No Malaysian has taken up the post to lead the athletes commission. And if Kien Keat wins, he will represent the athletes in the BWF council.

The election will take place during the All-England in Birmingham on March 7. There will be four days of voting before three out of a total eight candidates are selected into the commission.

Besides Kien Keat, the other players vying to represent their peers are Imogen Bankier (Scotland), Cai Yun (China), Kaveh Mehrab (Iran), Greysia Polii (Indonesia), Yuhan Tan (Belgium), Han-Kristian Vittinghus (Denmark) and Wang Xin (China).

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said yesterday that they had nominated the 27-year-old Kien Keat because of his leadership qualities.

“It’ll be good for Kien Keat’s profile as a player if he gets into the commission. He is a world-class player and has achieved quite a number of accolades ... he’ll be ideal to represent the athletes,” said Chin Chai.

“He speaks well and his command of English is good. This will surely give a positive effect on Koo as he will have to be responsible and committed to represent his peers. We are confident he can carry out his duties well.”

The election for the president’s post will be held during the Sudirman Cup in Kuala Lumpur from May 19-26. The others contesting for the post are Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen of Denmark and Indonesia’s Justien Suhandinata.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...018&sec=sports
    Last edited by nokh88; 02-16-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3