User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 245
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking for Players for this upcoming Tuesday Session.

    Ladies are also welcome!!!

    Date: 3rd May 2011

    Place : International Plaza 37th Floor
    Address: 10 Anson road

    Level of Play: Mid Beginner to Low Intermediate
    Court: 01
    Cost: Free


    Players
    1) Regular
    2) Regular
    3) Regular
    4) Regular
    5) Thomas (Hola4)
    6) Edmund
    7) David (Tank2008)
    8) David Partner 1


    Waiting List
    1) David Partner 2
    2)

    Playing for Fun and Leisure after a hard day's work.

    SMS me at 90212044 for slots.

    Thanks.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yew Tee Singapore
    Posts
    4,991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chobolan View Post
    No prob bro. Will put it in. I will put your 3rd person in waiting list and will confirm again with my colleagues whether any of them are coming
    Great. Thanks.

  3. #54
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,800
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A very special and unique badminton court

    Hi guys, I visited your secret hideout during lunch time yesterday and must say I'm impressed by its gigantic height and uniqueness.

    Perched high up on the 37th floor, I think this International Plaza court has no equal elsewhere. The court is located amidst residential units on three sides in a popular building with the staircase forming the remaining wall to protect the winds from coming through. It is thus enclosed on four sides. However the entire setup is not wind-proof as the open space in the lift lobby allows the breeze to flow in.

    The court opens up to the sky, another 13 storeys up in this 50-storey residential cum commercial building. There is no glass roof to prevent the rains from invading the court. For lighting, there are two spot lights mounted on the left side and another two on the right side of the condo units, about two storeys high.

    There are long wooden benches on both sides and the place is clean and welcoming with hanging money plants on almost every floor. And the court is done up tennis-style, with green painted on concrete flooring and red on the outside.

    The gym and a small pool are located adjacent to the badminton court about two floors lower, I think.

    Quite a pleasant experience playing here I'm sure, especially when there is no rain or wind.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                          

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indonesia / Singapore
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Loh, nice photos

  5. #56
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,800
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jurong_twister View Post
    Loh, nice photos
    Hi Twister,

    Long time no see! Have you played here before and tried your jumpsmash?

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indonesia / Singapore
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Loh,

    Never ... but really wish to try it one day, damn fantastic location for badminton addict haha ... but, I have torn meniscus and can only play on wooden or carpet. haha.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tks loh,

    did a good job on the photos..

    another good job on the description..

    long waiting list from now on to play at this wonderful place..

    if every badminton court is like this, how nice..

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yew Tee Singapore
    Posts
    4,991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jurong_twister View Post
    Hi Loh,

    Never ... but really wish to try it one day, damn fantastic location for badminton addict haha ... but, I have torn meniscus and can only play on wooden or carpet. haha.
    Hi Sofian, my new office is inside the same building. Come to drink coffee with me and then play badminton together. Haha...

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yew Tee Singapore
    Posts
    4,991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Hi guys, I visited your secret hideout during lunch time yesterday and must say I'm impressed by its gigantic height and uniqueness.

    Perched high up on the 37th floor, I think this International Plaza court has no equal elsewhere. The court is located amidst residential units on three sides in a popular building with the staircase forming the remaining wall to protect the winds from coming through. It is thus enclosed on four sides. However the entire setup is not wind-proof as the open space in the lift lobby allows the breeze to flow in.

    The court opens up to the sky, another 13 storeys up in this 50-storey residential cum commercial building. There is no glass roof to prevent the rains from invading the court. For lighting, there are two spot lights mounted on the left side and another two on the right side of the condo units, about two storeys high.

    There are long wooden benches on both sides and the place is clean and welcoming with hanging money plants on almost every floor. And the court is done up tennis-style, with green painted on concrete flooring and red on the outside.

    The gym and a small pool are located adjacent to the badminton court about two floors lower, I think.

    Quite a pleasant experience playing here I'm sure, especially when there is no rain or wind.
    Well done, Loh. You should do a part time job as reporter. Haha...

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Hi guys, I visited your secret hideout during lunch time yesterday and must say I'm impressed by its gigantic height and uniqueness.

    Perched high up on the 37th floor, I think this International Plaza court has no equal elsewhere. The court is located amidst residential units on three sides in a popular building with the staircase forming the remaining wall to protect the winds from coming through. It is thus enclosed on four sides. However the entire setup is not wind-proof as the open space in the lift lobby allows the breeze to flow in.

    The court opens up to the sky, another 13 storeys up in this 50-storey residential cum commercial building. There is no glass roof to prevent the rains from invading the court. For lighting, there are two spot lights mounted on the left side and another two on the right side of the condo units, about two storeys high.

    There are long wooden benches on both sides and the place is clean and welcoming with hanging money plants on almost every floor. And the court is done up tennis-style, with green painted on concrete flooring and red on the outside.

    The gym and a small pool are located adjacent to the badminton court about two floors lower, I think.

    Quite a pleasant experience playing here I'm sure, especially when there is no rain or wind.

    Oh Noo.. The secret's out ... The gym is actually on the 36th floor and like what david mention, there is only 1 shower room in the men's toilet. But it's nice pace to play badminton after work

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking for Players for this upcoming Tuesday Session.

    Ladies are also welcome!!!

    Date: 3rd May 2011

    Place : International Plaza 37th Floor
    Address: 10 Anson road

    Level of Play: Mid Beginner to Low Intermediate
    Court: 01
    Cost: Free


    Players
    1) Regular
    2) Regular
    3) Regular
    4) Regular
    5) Thomas (Hola4)
    6) Edmund
    7) David (Tank2008)
    8) David Partner 1


    Waiting List
    1) David Partner 2
    2)

    Playing for Fun and Leisure after a hard day's work.

    SMS me at 90212044 for slots.

    Thanks.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yew Tee Singapore
    Posts
    4,991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chobolan View Post
    Oh Noo.. The secret's out ... The gym is actually on the 36th floor and like what david mention, there is only 1 shower room in the men's toilet. But it's nice pace to play badminton after work
    No worry, because only members can book the court. So court is still ours. Haha...

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking for Players for this upcoming Tuesday Session.

    Ladies are also welcome!!!

    Date: 3rd May 2011

    Place : International Plaza 37th Floor
    Address: 10 Anson road

    Level of Play: Mid Beginner to Low Intermediate
    Court: 01
    Cost: Free


    Players
    1) Regular
    2) Regular
    3) Regular
    4) Thomas (Hola4)
    5) Edmund
    6) David (Tank2008)
    7) David Partner 1
    8) David Partner 2


    Waiting List
    1)
    2)

    Playing for Fun and Leisure after a hard day's work.

    SMS me at 90212044 for slots.

    Thanks.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yew Tee Singapore
    Posts
    4,991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My friend didn't bring along his badminton stuff. Thus he will not play. :)

    Looking for Players for this upcoming Tuesday Session.

    Ladies are also welcome!!!

    Date: 3rd May 2011

    Place : International Plaza 37th Floor
    Address: 10 Anson road

    Level of Play: Mid Beginner to Low Intermediate
    Court: 01
    Cost: Free


    Players
    1) Regular
    2) Regular
    3) Regular
    4) Thomas (Hola4)
    5) Edmund
    6) David (Tank2008) (I will play for a while and then leave for my own session. Thus today, for me, is mainly to meet all new friends. Sorry ya, hope everybody's understanding. I will play longer from next Tue onwards, as I book our session till 10pm.)
    7) David Partner 1
    8)


    Waiting List
    1)
    2)

    Playing for Fun and Leisure after a hard day's work.

    SMS me at 90212044 for slots.

    Thanks.

  15. #66
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another wet Tuesday evening. I would suggest to check 3 days weather forecast the next session to decide whether to have games.

    http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48698.html

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    Another wet Tuesday evening. I would suggest to check 3 days weather forecast the next session to decide whether to have games.

    http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48698.html
    The downside of having and open court . Next week maybe but from the 7 days forecast it still doesn't look good.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking for Players for this upcoming Tuesday Session.

    Ladies are also welcome!!!

    Date: 10th May 2011

    Time : 6pm-8pm
    Place : International Plaza 37th Floor
    Address: 10 Anson road

    Level of Play: Mid Beginner to Low Intermediate
    Court: 01
    Cost: Free


    Players
    1) Regular
    2) Regular
    3) Regular
    4) Regular
    5) Thomas (Hola4)
    6) Edmund
    7) David (Tank2008)
    8) David Partner 1


    Waiting List
    1) David Partner 2
    2)

    Playing for Fun and Leisure after a hard day's work.

    SMS me at 90212044 for slots.

    Thanks.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yew Tee CC - Tuesday Evening Game
    By tank2008 in forum Singapore
    Replies: 3093
    : 12-16-2014, 10:33 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    : 05-29-2010, 04:15 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    : 05-20-2010, 05:31 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    : 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM
  5. Tuesday evening game in the east?
    By wassup in forum Singapore
    Replies: 1
    : 12-08-2008, 07:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •