Looking for players in Singapore !!!

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Wins, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    Hi ! i am 17 year old from Singapore. The main reason i want to post this thread is because i want to look for somebody good out there. I am not a good player and i don't mind playing with real good player and gettting trash by them. I hope to become a strong player and improve myself. My goal is to get into the school team. Any kind soul out there who either don't mind training me or don't mind bullying me pls contact me by my email, secret_cracker@hotmail.com. I really hope to get into school team and better stronger. Any tougher training i am willing to take. Cos to me:
    - been smash at (trains my agility, reflexes and ability to return smash)
    - been fool around the court (trains my footwork and stamina)
    - been laugh at ( trains my control of temper and build sportsmanship)
    - been look down on (strengthen my determination)

I wan the whole world wide web to witness my growth, one day i will beat all of you.
    I don't not wan to give up my dream so easily. Even if people comment about my skills on the net, i also don't mind. All i want is improve, pride is not important. I believe my determination will get me somewhere.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Wins Gan, welcome back to BF.

to achieve your goal, you should:

- first, be humble. telling people that you will "beat you all" doesn't really help
    - second, post in the correct forum, going to the meat market to buy veggie will get you no where
    - third, do a search, as this has been asked many times already
    - lastly, go look for the badminton central singapore group. may be they will give you salvation

3. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    thanks

ok then, i am just looking for help. so i cancel the phrase "i am going to beat you all".

4. modious

modious Regular Member

Hi Wins Gan, welcome back.

you can join us for our regular sessions on Sunday at Yio Chu Kang. The last time I rem, you were living in Tampines right? There's a direct bus from Tampines Interchange to Yio Chu Kang Interchange --> Bus no 72.

If you really want to improve, playing regularly will not help much. You'll need proper coaching by a qualified person. I'm sure you know who's Aman Santosa right? I can pass you his HP no if you want. Contact him and ask him to coach you! You will definately improve at a faster abeilt more expensive rate!

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    WG, I like your determination!!

Modius is definately correct. The way to get significant improvement in the shortest time is to find a good coach who understands the basics.

One difficulty if a person really wants to improve is their patience (or lack of it).

Lets take a shot like the smash. It may take a quite a number of sessions to develop a decent one becasue the body is learning how to coordinate efficiently. Also, the coach has to teach you other things like footwork, body positioning (ie may not seem directly relevant) to make sure you can hit the shuttle consistently. So you will also need controlled patience with your learning rate.

Hey, but go for it!!;)

6. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    thanks u guy !!

Thank you for all your reply !! I am glad that u all respond to my thread.
    Modius, can you pass me the coach no.(by email) ? and if u dun mind tell me an estimated price he going to charge normally. I will need to tok to my dad.
    Thank. I will work hard and not disappoint all my friends and all you guys. I will.

7. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    hi

how much do u think it will be ? I dun mind paying like $20 per hour which is about $300 per month since my last tuition fee is $700 per month. I hope it will not be too expensive.

8. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Hey, long time no see.....

Anyways, sorry to tell u that it won't be that cheap.... ;)

If it were, i'd still be training.... Anyhow, come join us, the last time we played was about 2 years ago when i first join the BC group.... Come join us

9. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    OIC

If really training for badminton, you think 2hrs of coaching a week enough ?
    You see, tampines sports hall always has this kind of group coaching and i was thinking whether i can approach the coach and ask him for individual training. Hopefully it will not be that expensive compare to Aman Santosa since these coaches are from china. thank a lot. I will finish my physical training before i join your games.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: OIC

Here's something that worked for me.

1 hour of one to one is actually quite intensive. NOt enough time to catch breath and listen to coach properly.

If you can find one or two people to share the lesson over 2 hours, that would be better. Why?
    Because, you get a chance to rest to recover your breath when your training parnter is doing his/her routine. The rest also lets you think a little about how you just did in your routine. You can watch your training partner to see how well they do it and compare to what is different in your technique.
    Since the session is over two hours, it trains your physical stamina better.

Once a week training PLUS playing another two times a week can help you improve. Training once a week and not playing at all during the rest of the week will not help you improve much at all.

11. modious

modious Regular Member

yes, it's better to have 1 to 1 or at most 4 people training. Too many people limits the amount of time you train on court.

Besides that, you should at least play once a week to apply what you've learnt.

Wins Gan, I've PM you Aman HP no. His fees are relavtively high. Not too sure how much though, you can check with Aman himself.

12. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    thanks

Hmm...actually i prefer one to one session because cannot find any friend to join with me.
    IF it is one to one session, then 1 hr is enough already ??
    what actually is coaching like ? i never go for one before.
    During the 1 hr is he going to play with me or do drills ?
    Can tell me what is it going to be like ?
    Am i providing the shuttles or is he bringing any used shuttles ?
    I know that it is surely better to ask Aman but if there's anything u know,
    dun mind share ur coaching exprience with me ? And u sure 1 hr is enough, it is like very short. I never go for coaching before so i dun know if 1 hr enough.
    Cos i always feel time passes very fast.

13. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    Hey guys

It is really true that the last time i play with u all is 2 years ago ?? Time really flies !!

14. modious

modious Regular Member

yes Wins. Join us whenever you can!

15. legal strike

legal strike Regular Member

hi modious can u tell me more about Aman, his charges and the place where he is coaching?

16. valerie

valerie New Member

student
    hihi...if u dunt mind..i can try playing with u haf my common test which will end on 28/8...if u wanna contact me ..jus email me at this address..heidiping@hotmail.com

bye!

17. valerie

valerie New Member

student

hihi...
    may i know where's Aman Santosa coaching now??could u reply this..to heidiping@hotmail.com..cos i seldom come 2 this chat forum..thx

bye!!

18. kenneth_teo_88

kenneth_teo_88 Regular Member

Student
    maybe u should join sba?i heard that they are having trials from my coach.....btw, i'm from the national youth squad.....

19. daz24sg

daz24sg Regular Member

Student
    Before you start training, you must understand that to improve you really have to sacrifice for it. Your studies might suffer as a result of intensive training. If you are able to cope by all means go for your dream.

20. adrianzg

adrianzg Regular Member

ns
    heh..i live in the east too..wun mind playing w u caz i've got no one to play with..everyone's busy w ns..hai.. :D