At900t is the most amazing racquet ever!!!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yumyumtaco, Mar 30, 2011.

1. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

I've had an AT900T for almost a year now and it has always been the racquet I hated most. (I usually played with an ARC8DX) So I forgot my ARC8DX at school that day and I had to bring out that dreadful AT900T which was strung at 20 lbs with bg 80. (The ARC8DX was 21 lbs with nbg 98) So while playing with it the strings snapped and I had to get it restrung. Today I got it back from my stringer who strung it at 24 lbs with nbg 95 and I must say that my dreadful AT900T became my beloved AT900T. The power, control, it suddenly had it all! I'm not sure if it was the string, the tension or both but I have learned a valuable lesson today which is your strings affect your racquet performance far more than the frame. :)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

yep, strings and tension is very important

also equally important is the quality of your stringer, his stringjob and whether he's using a properly callibrated machine

3. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

You'll be surprised how many players waisted a racket because of choosing the wrong strings with the wrong racket. My brother has a NS9000 Type-X and strung it with the wrong string. He kept is for 2 years and didn't play with it because he hated the string, but it would be a waist to cut it. Finally after two years he desided to cut it and restrung it with the correct string. Now he's playing with it again. I mean, how much is the string worth compared to the racket?

4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    21 to 24 lbs is a big difference

5. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    If ferreriko see this thread, he must be disagree :D

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

21 lbs to 24 lbs? does this just prove higher tension would give more power? some people recommend less tension for power but from my personal experience, you should choose the correct tension for yourself by trial & error experiment! too less won't do you any good & too much tension might not be good to produce power as well.

7. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    You are right. Correct tension is very essential. Lower tension has less power compare to high tension. However, if someone can't execute for the too high tension, he may not be able to generate power too.