Yonex Voltric 80 vs Yonex ArcSaber 10 PG

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by avengers88, Mar 31, 2011.

1. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Currently I'm using a Carlton NanoPower 9900 which I bought 5 years back and now since I'm playing badminton more often, I'm looking to purchase a new racquet.

My playing style is that I m not one that look to smash all the time, how ever when chances allow I will definitely smash hard. I consider my self as an advanced intermediate, and I'm looking to improve myself and be a professional.

I play a lot of doubles game, but I also do play singles. I'm looking for a racquet that can allow me to generate more power without needing to use much strength. My wrist strength currently is not that strong, I think I use my arms strength more, but I will still improve it.

My seller recommends me the ArcSaber 10 as it is a more balanced racquet, instead of Voltric 80 which is more head heavy. However, I read a lot of positive reviews on the Voltric 80. I dont have the chance to try out the racquet because non of my friends are using it, therefore I got to read more reviews on the likings. Each of this racquets will cause me at least RM600++ , so I dun wan to get the wrong one.

Any suggestions or explanation on this two particular model?

2. VanAnn

VanAnn Regular Member

3. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Yeah, I read the thread before. Still need more input and suggestion. I see not many own a arcsaber 10. More likings on voltric80 .

4. druss

druss Regular Member

If you play mostly doubles with some singles then the arc10 is probably better for you, if the reverse then think about the vt80. There are soo many choices out there now though that it's becoming a real minefield on what racket to choose. Unless you can afford to buy them all of course. :)