how is the gosen issen? anyone tried it before?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JL108, Mar 31, 2011.

1. JL108

JL108 Regular Member

student
    as the title say. im interested in the issen but there are so little reviews across the net.
    anyone tried them before. experiences for how it plays?

thanks so much!

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    It is a fast racquet and uses good material, quite all rounder, it doesn't excel in anything.

For the same price, you should be able to get the SW35 or MX80 and I recommend you go for those instead.

3. JL108

JL108 Regular Member

student
    really .. i actully have a bravesword 09 .. i dont like the feeling of the shaft .. dont know how to describe it in english but in chinese i meant it feels like "wood".

i want to give gosen a try because i heard that they got awesome middle shift.

4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I have a 3u gosen issen. The racket is very head heavy. It took me about a week to get used to the timing because I tend to use even balance rackets. I've found the head heaviness is similar to the at700 ltd, very difficult to use. The racket is some what stiff about a 7.5/10 on stiffness. I used it mainly for singles because it was too head heavy for doubles. I have a 4u bs09 as well and I would say those two are nothing alike.
    I'm actually trying to sell the racket right now and going back to even balance/head light rackets.

5. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    Hi JL108, I would suggest that you try the tenbu or shiden instead of the issen. I personally have the bravesword 9 and the tenbu, tenbu is my current go-to racket, bs9 is just inside the bag. it is more of an even-balanced or head light racket, but very easily manoveur. I do like the shaft of the tenbu alot, but you might wanna try to change the string on your BS9. just do take note, the ryoga series is all stiff, just difference in the head heaviness.
    if you can read chinese, the following is a comparison of the 3 ryoga series racket:
    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/viewthread.php?tid=163150&extra=page=1&filter=type&typeid=17

6. JL108

JL108 Regular Member

student
    so your saying tenbu is a better version of the bs09? aside from the swing speed, bs09 is not that impressive. i ll try to look more into "tenbu" then. thanks.

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    as vcrpex pointed out, the ryoga shafts are stiff. i have both the issen and tenbu and both are stiffer than bs09 imho. doubt you would like these racquets if you find the shaft of the bs09 feels like "wood". if you would like to try a gosen model, i would suggest you go for the gosen 6900pro which is mid-stiff and less demanding than the ryoga series imho. just my two cents.

#7 Sealman, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  8. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    Bought the issen. kinda hard to control at first very wild i would say, i don like balance racket, as power seems to drop, and drop shot are becoming harder. my first 2 hours with my issen is that i found it is amazing the power is lower than VT80 but the maneouvorebality (wrong spelling) :p was excellent, i was a front court player (doubles) but now with issen i can play easily at the back generating enough power to smash as it was not easily returned, and with little bit of skill i can manage to play up front with precision. I used BG 66 Ultimax 25 middle 26 straight. But still its a wild racket i need to tame it first by using it and get used to it. tq

9. fmqpt791004

fmqpt791004 Regular Member

College Student
    Can anybody give me approximated balance point of the Issen? appreciate it in advance.

10. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

Imho, comparing Issen, Shiden, VT80 and BS09

Feel: VT80 = Shiden > Issen > BS09
    Head heaviness (Most head heavy first): VT80 > Issen = BS09 > Shiden (Balanced)
    Swing speed (Fastest first): Issen = Shiden > VT80 > BS09
    Demanding (Most demanding first): VT80 > Issen = BS09 = Shiden
    Flex(Stiffest first): VT80 = Shiden > Issen > BS09
    Control: VT80 = Shiden > Issen > BS09
    Power (Easiest first): Issen = VT80 > Shiden = BS09
    Defence: Shiden > Issen > BS09 > VT80
    Drives: Issen > Shiden > VT80 > BS09
    Netting: VT80 > Shiden > Issen > BS09
    Maneuverability: Shiden > Issen > BS09 > VT80
    Ease of use: BS09 > Issen > Shiden > VT80

#10 istringforyou, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  11. jerrysoon

jerrysoon New Member

Self-employed
    I've been using Issen the moment the launched. It was a great racket. Any new rackets will take you a while to get used with it. When my friends tried it, they say it very powerful and has good swing.