Rsl tourney no.1 packaging

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by snowing_tsw, Apr 1, 2011.

1. snowing_tsw

snowing_tsw New Member

hi there,

I was hunting for shuttlecocks on ebay and so happen to come by this shop which sells 2 version of RSL No.1.

I just need to verify if they are the same thing or its a different version.

and I would also like to know which speed is suitable for AUSTRALIA (49/50).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51149195@N05/5579379302/

please help me out. Thank you

2. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    Hi Snowing, Yes both of them are the same shuttlecocks made by RSL Factory, the one from left hand side is Classic Series which the right hand side call Performance series.

They design to different markets and the only difference is the package. Same shuttles made from the same factory line. For more information, refer to www.rsl-1928.com you will see the third type of package of RSL No.1. They start changing their design again.

Australia, I would say we using different speed shuttlecocks depending your area. Most of the players in VIC seems most liky to use 78 speed which = 5.0grm = 50.

But at the end of the day, you can just pick the right speed that suits you and your friend so doesn't really matter to follow the standard if you not play competitions.

How this helps :). at last. let me know if you looking somewhere to buy.

3. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
  4. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

I haven't played with the shuttle yet. But de shop owner told me that de classic packets is better. The classic cost a little more (6 hongkong dollar difference a dozen). The feathers of the classics are thicker. So I think it will be more durable. The quality of Performance serie wasn't so good a few years ago.

5. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    I guess you right, I have tired both Performance & Classic, seems Classic series has a better quality and last a little longer too. :)

6. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

RSL Classic is worth the extra money for it's durability in comparison to Tourney 1;).

7. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

These are de RSL Tourney No. 1 Classic. NOT the RSL Tourney Classic (these are better grade shuttles). IMO it is worth the extra money. Only about 0,50 euro extra a tube (dozen).

8. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Yes, we are both in the same page:cool:. I just call it Classic (been using it like for as long as I've played it. RSL Supreme on the other hand is something I have yet to try;)) and No. 1 for simplification, no mistakes here. Yep it's worth the extra money:cool:, I couldn't agree more.

9. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Both are RSL No. 1 Tourney. The left side is the older packing. The right side is the newer packing. The newer packing has slightly better quality as it is newly launched.

In terms of RSL Classic, it is much better than No. 1 tourney. RSL Classic also got 2 packings. The newer one is certainly better than the older one.

Not sure if they launched the new packing is to prevent fake shuttles or not, as we really experienced one game to use 5 shuttles of RSL Classic. But with the new packing one shuttle is usually enough for one game. Or 3 shuttles are enough for 2 games.

Buy the newer packing please! :)

#9 tank2008, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011