Thread: Speed Stringing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    no one should be slowed down by shared grommets:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-a-shared-hole

as for weaving cross. can't help on it. that's just practice practice practice.
    Yeah, tried that, tried the pointes string, lubrication etc. The trouble i had was using zm62 on the cross with zm67 on main, the 62 isn't as strong so it doesn't push the 67 aside so easily.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    Yeah, tried that, tried the pointes string, lubrication etc. The trouble i had was using zm62 on the cross with zm67 on main, the 62 isn't as strong so it doesn't push the 67 aside so easily.
    but the point of the string mover is that the stringer mover is straigtening the string occupying the hole to let the other string through. whether the occupying string is ZM67 or not shouldn't make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    but the point of the string mover is that the stringer mover is straigtening the string occupying the hole to let the other string through. whether the occupying string is ZM67 or not shouldn't make a difference.
    Yeah, true enough ... i might not have been pulling the string enough, but it seems a little violent to me :\

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

having said that, threading a shared hole is an art and there are people who prefer to do it naturally instead of brutefully with a string mover.

i am impatient so i bust out the string mover without even giving much thought about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We get several methods of threading the cross string through shared grommets:

1. tooth floss
    2. lubed awl
    3. string mover
    4. fingers
    Anymore guys?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to dispense completely with the difficulty of shared holes, try the following:

(You will need enough string to allow loops to the pullerhead even with some mains slack in the frame)

On an OSP racket (the one with the five shared holes at the top), if you use top-down you can tension the first six mains on each side, then put in but don't pull the last five on each side. Once they're in place, weave top five crosses, starting at hole 11 and working upwards. The shared holes will now be MUCH easier because the relevant mains are loose. If you use bottom up you can tension the first nine mains, put ten and eleven in untensioned, and weave the bottom four crosses - all difficult shared holes are now dealt with. Just remember you'll need a loop long enough to reach the tensioner once the mains are in.

With an NSP racket it is even easier - if top-down you can tension the first ten mains, put the last one in loose, and deal with the only shared hole that's difficult (#16 on NS9000X and #15 on everything else); if bottom up, do as above.
    Last edited by Mark A; 04-09-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2