Clones or not

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by caspiali, Apr 2, 2011.

1. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Lately, I have bought few clones from ebay where delivered from HK saying its made in shenzhen @ super replica quality.

Few notes, I got it about 30 pounds. Its all fake, Fake quality fake string. The quality is what u paid for. I strongly recommend buying 50 pounds VOLTRIC 50 if you can afford it. If you are imtermediate, this clone is not bad honestly, it has a good sound, metallic frame, soft but flexible shaft.
    Problems :
    • Uneven grommets linings
      [*]bad paintwork - easily chipped off the paint
      [*]bad wood in the handle (really soft and light)
      [*]Uneven weight balance (heavier in the handle, not good for defence)
    Grommets are basically impossible to fix. I have got a Z-slash to try, the string is fake but not bad. Its only good with real shuttle, a bit hard to put in energy for plastic. The paint work is quite good.
    If you are out of funds, its a good choice, other than that, dun try. Make sure you have got the technique, clones require lot more technique than cheap branded racquet.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    to conclude?
    go for another cheap brand since it is better, better quality build (good grommets, paintwork, wood, and right balance), less technique required, and less effort needed

what is VT50? what I know is VT5, 7, 70, 80
    why do you want buy buy a fake racket for £30 where you can buy another brand for better quality than the clone?
    around £30 you could get wilson, karakal, ashway
    for Yonex, you could get lower range of nanospeed, mp, and arcsaber 002

for £50, add another £10 and you could get VT5

why wasting money for a clone, while you can get the real one?

#2 Avenger, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Clones

Well, no one have tried it out so i've decided to be the pilot man. VT5 sorry.
    Well i am advance player, wanna try if a clone would make a big difference. Conclusion is worth it if I want to save another 20 pounds. I will never go lower range of yonex below NS850 because the cheap version of yonex has problem with the head shape. Its fat at the bottom (more like egg shape). Give a very different feeling when hit with the shuttles. The Z-slash clone i've got is good with paint work and good grommets. Not saying i would encourage people to buy clones but only buy it if you are short of money and from good ebay sellers. :)
    In UK, i cant get Victor, Gosen (which i really like). The clones also has thinner grips below G4. UK normally sells G3 which is very disappointing.

4. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    BTW I think ashaway is just a failure in copying yonex so I would rather get clones. (i play doubles as well where you get to clash your racquet so you wanna get cheaper ones). Clones are definitely better than those dirt cheap head racquets.

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
  6. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Great website, thx, but gosen there is pretty pricey i mean for the same price I could go for the best in Yonex hence go for a bigger brand. Haha.
    The yonex pricing on it is much better. Are you sure its a trustable website?

7. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    for Shuttle House I'm sure it is legit (many people bought from rackets, string, bag, etc from Shuttle House)
    for Rakuten, based on people post the Yonex rackets that they bought Rakuten are real, I believe they also legit

8. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Voltric 7

I am wondering if you've tried VT5 or 7, really thinking of buying. Is it worth spending 9 pounds more to go to 7?

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    no, I never tried this two
    poor mid range racket overshadowed by VT80

http://www.tennisnuts.com/shop/badm.../yonex-voltric-5-badminton-racket-861246.html
    http://www.tennisnuts.com/shop/badm.../yonex-voltric-7-badminton-racket-861241.html
    by the built what I can tell is both are similar rackets
    the differences would be VT5 is 3U, VT7 is 4U
    and VT5 is full carbon, where VT7 is carbon shaft and graphite frame

It is up to you,
    do you prefer 3U full carbon
    or 4U and graphite frame? (H.M graphite is better than carbon)

I would say if you play double and want light racket (and you can handle it) VT7 is more suitable for you

10. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Well from that, VT7 is definitely my choice. I currently own a AT700. I wana replace it because its chipped and i wanna keep it in one piece. Thanks very much! But i hope there will be second hand because I normally wouldnt feel comfortable with new racquet(feel too valuable to use). From my play now, its double so lots of defence, lighter favours me but dont know about the smashing power. Hope its not compromised.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. are you talking about the real one, or the fake one?

12. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Real one definitely, fake one is just for me to play with people to cant play doubles where all the clashing happens.Not putting 70 pounds into clashing.I couldnt find a fake one either way for VT and its not worth it cus the real one and fake one i believe is similar pricing, upmost 30 pounds difference. Unlike Z-slash where its definitely over pricing.
    Thank you so much for your recommendation.
    For the sake of curiosity, do you do restrings?

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you do know that most of the "fake", are all the same rackets with different paint job? well, at least some of them. there are tons of fake all come from different factories, they come in all sorts of varieties. it is difficult to even tell if some is good or some is bad. or even try to get 2 of them and try to get the same racket.

don't expect the fake racket to come even close to the real one. i went and got a fake ARC10 in China for the sake of comparison (for US$13). it doesn't even have the same shape as my real ARC10, size, cross section, everything is different. and the stiffness is like a noodle as well.

in other words, you are just paying for the paint job differences.

14. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Yeah i realised that when i chipped my clone. The paint came off and its black paint inside, cant even see the carbon but it does give a very good sound when hit against solid object with the frame for my Z-slash. Because Z-slash has a special head shape, the one i bought is expensive and hence a better work, its very hard to chip it(paintwork very real) and good material frame. They are actually of different material for the frame and shaft. I was please for the price. But the string given is FAKE as well!!! Its definitely no comparison to my AT700 but its a third of the price! Wat racquet are you owning right now?

15. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yeah Kwun, I remember from another forum
    they said in Indonesia, you can pick ANY fake rackets for same price (around US $8-10)
    Z-slash, NS9900, or Arcsaber 10, it's only paint job
    what's matter is the BP and weight

@Caspiali:
    is it your fake Z-slash the one with box (And soft cloth bag)?

16. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
  17. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
  18. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    HAHAHA. That is not important. The racquet is the important part.

19. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    now I need to question your gender.. are you a man or woman?
    I thought you are a man..

yeah, nowadays, the paint job becomes better and better
    maybe because they know that they still got lots of profit from selling fakes, that's why they make it better (since they even can sell it for full price to an unaware buyer)
    some of them sold the racket for US $30
    it is pretty neat, with box, warranty card, soft cloth bag, and 2 over grips.
    however, we know it straight away from the bag, tag around the frame and box

I can see your Z-slash is a fake racket based on the bag alone (cheap material bag)

may I know the shaft serial and cone code of your Z-slash?

#19 Avenger, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  20. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Code

LOL. don't worry about the code. Its more fake than anything. And i covered it with new gripping. The bag sure does tell its fake as the printing is unclear and lining inside is not as real as my real cover. They gave me a warranty card with no stamp and 1 overgrip which is quite fake as well... In another word, everything is fake. I am surprised how fake things can become a business. Even producing their own fake grips. Shockin -.-:eek: