How to string/start the horizontale strings ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by miniboy88, Apr 3, 2011.

1. miniboy88

miniboy88 New Member

Hi, I need help guys!

I started the horizontale strings, i made a cross on the b6 ( yonex ) and then I started to strings at b9.( instruction of yonex site ) But everytime I put the tension on the first string, the strings breaks!Do I have to skip one string, before putting the tension...? I have no idea how to do it....

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you very much

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Some clarification needed: does your starting knot break (or fall into the hole), or does the main on which it is tied break?

If the former, you need a new starting knot. I've got to post my variation of YULite's bulky knot (can be found on Youtube) some time...

If the latter, you can get around it by weaving the first two crosses and pulling the second one only (not the first); many of the top stringers have to do this because certain machines (the Yonex one, in particular) are so powerful. Alan K uses this technique in part 2 of the Stringfest video (also on Youtube).

M.

3. monticore

monticore Regular Member

can also use a starting clamp if knot breakage is a problem.

cory

4. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Miniboy88, I find that this second method is the safest regardless of which string breaks. Regardless, you have to make sure that the knot at b6 is correctly knotted and tight.