User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinloong View Post
    I think you shouldn't compare the lower range VT with the higher range. Look at the price difference. After all, you get what you pay. if I'm not mistaken, the higher range is for a different target market. I guess it's the same strategy with the all the Yonex product range. Lower price with slightly lower specs for entry level or intermediate players.
    But overall, I think and feel the VT7 is a great racquet.
    it's the TS who want the review for all VT,i just tell him all the thing i know,..
    i choose VT7 also,its a good racket,i'll keep it if the stringer strung my racket properly :P ,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zero_hour View Post
    it's the TS who want the review for all VT,i just tell him all the thing i know,..

Quote Originally Posted by zero_hour View Post
    i choose VT7 also,its a good racket,i'll keep it if the stringer strung my racket properly :P ,
    Yes, the problem is finding good stringers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a VT5 to replace a broken racquet, looking forward to trying it out at my next session (it has fresh BG80 on it! ). It looks good, aggressive colour and pattern like my Arcsaber 008.

Although you can't really see it, if you run your fingers around the frame it is ever so slightly thicker at 2, 10 and 6 o'clock, which I'm guessing is this Tri-Voltage system Yonex talk about. Not obvious bulges like on the VT70.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiish View Post
    I just got a VT5 to replace a broken racquet, looking forward to trying it out at my next session (it has fresh BG80 on it! ). It looks good, aggressive colour and pattern like my Arcsaber 008.
    May I ask why did you choose the VT5 instead of the VT7? Is it because the VT5 is heavier and you like heavier racquets?

Although you can't really see it, if you run your fingers around the frame it is ever so slightly thicker at 2, 10 and 6 o'clock, which I'm guessing is this Tri-Voltage system Yonex talk about. Not obvious bulges like on the VT70.
    Yes, it's a very subtle bulge. Hardly noticeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinloong View Post
    May I ask why did you choose the VT5 instead of the VT7? Is it because the VT5 is heavier and you like heavier racquets?
    From Paul's review on badminton-coach.co.uk, he gave both 5 stars and said the two had very little difference between them. VT5 is cheaper than VT7, therefore I chose VT5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,

My VT 7 has taken some bad hits in the hand of my friend, which peeled of the paint at the trivoltage written black region at 10 O' Clock the red paint beneath the black paint is visible post the peeling.

In another case the hit was real bad and the racquet bone was visible :-) i.e. the metal frame inside. But it still stands strong with even less than .5mm bend to the head (frame). I do not know about the VT 5 though.
    Last edited by amitsatpathy; 06-03-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My VT 7 has taken some bad hits in the hand of my friend, which peeled of the paint at the trivoltage written black region at 10 O' Clock the red paint beneath the black paint is visible post the peeling.

In another case the hit was real bad and the racquet bone was visible :-) i.e. the metal frame inside. But it still stands strong with even less than .5mm bend to the head (frame). I do not know about the VT 5 though.
    VT7 frame is from graphite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    VT7 frame is from graphite
    Its made of HM graphite and the look is like any standard metal when peeled off completely. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Paul's review on badminton-coach.co.uk, he gave both 5 stars and said the two had very little difference between them. VT5 is cheaper than VT7, therefore I chose VT5
    Good choice!
    I'll purchase a VT5 this weekend to try it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a bout you? what do you think of VT5? review a bit... since no pro in this forum wish to try low-end racket.. hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LightSaber View Post
    what a bout you? what do you think of VT5? review a bit... since no pro in this forum wish to try low-end racket.. hehe
    Sure thing. I need to spend some time playing with it first, though Where I usually play on weekdays is closed for maintenance and I'll need to wait until the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, played a 2 hour session today using just the VT5, nylon shuttles. The turnout was a bit unusual in that the less experienced players didn't come and I was the only beginner, playing with much more advanced players this time. Something like a trial of fire, and I've been roasted today Just to provide a bit of context for the first impression review.

Mine was strung with BG80 at 22lbs, same as the Arcsaber. Medium flex meant it was not too demanding on my arm. What was obvious was the overhead power shots, both clears and smashes. It was much easier for me to get more power into them yet I did not find playing the shots as tiring. It feels like an AT800DE I borrowed once. It might just be the head heavy balance, as this is really my first head heavy racquet.

My defence technique is not good and defending with the VT5 didn't feel easier than with the Arc008. I was facing more venomous smashes than I usually do though.

I had 3 clashes during the session and now there is a small chip at 2 o'clock. Not too bad for durability, I think, considering how thin the frame is (my Karakal's frame had double the thickness). I buy racquets to use to destruction, so am thinking less about resale value than how many years I can enjoy using this racquet.

In short, playing with the VT5 was a real pleasure. The racquet helped me a bit with power and was not more difficult to control than the Arcsaber. I think it suits me better than the Karakal MTEC-85 it replaced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will vt7 be ok at 25lbs? I plan on stringing at 25-27 or 24-26 with bg80

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to read reviews on these racquets, then go to my blog.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read both your reviews already Paul. And it makes it even harder to choose between them

You mentioned on your blogs both warranty tensions max out at 24lbs, does that mean 24 main - 25/26 cross? I would like to string them at 25-27

I'm gonna buy one to mess about with for around 550HKD, which is about 44 squid. Vt5 is 5 quid cheaper here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzaman View Post
    Read both your reviews already Paul. And it makes it even harder to choose between them

You mentioned on your blogs both warranty tensions max out at 24lbs, does that mean 24 main - 25/26 cross? I would like to string them at 25-27

I'm gonna buy one to mess about with for around 550HKD, which is about 44 squid. Vt5 is 5 quid cheaper here.
    i agree. since they're both similar, i really cant find any solid justification to choose one over the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried out the vt-5 last night, not used to it yet, head really heavy (i know it says so on the description) maybe i need to play more with it to make any comment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast