VOLTRIC 7 or 5 or above

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by caspiali, Apr 3, 2011.

1. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Dear all,

Please give me reviews on voltric 5 and 7 and 80. Which is best for its value. Base on smashes, clears and drops and price.
    Personally, I prefer voltric 5 as it looks more or less the same as 7. Is it worth adding another 9 pounds?

As a double player, I want light or head heavy, either one is fine.

Anyone in the UK wanted to sell their voltric, please leave a message to advertise, I am always interested.

Please post reviews instead of directing me as its very annoying to have lots of post unclear of topic, this is based on VT5 and 7 and 70,80 ONLY

2. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    There are threads with reviews on these rackets already, please search through the forum first. I don't know about voltric 5 or 7 but 80 is head heavy and expensive as it just came out, I've heard voltric 70 is quite good for doubles.

3. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I bought 2 voltirc 80s 3 weeks ago, just came in last week. I used em and I absolutely LOVED them. They have a nice solid feel compared to my AT900s. Extremely head heavy, terrific smash power. I have been using it for doubles, and I am finding it is very great on defensive play as well. Althought head heavy, it is very, very solid.

4. kmyj92

kmyj92 Regular Member

Student
    I'm also curious about the pros and cons of Voltric 7...

5. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    Pros and cons of VT7

I believe its nothing different, based on the specs, its HM carbon on frame and Carbon on shaft. Base on that, it will be stronger on the frame hence good for high tension and smashing. But i think there is not big difference on VT5 and VT7 and VT70. Price is different but overall its just paint work and slightest material difference when it comes to VT70. From what I see, VT7 got a better paintwork than VT5 and with HM carbon frame.
    We've got to wait for the people whose used it cus its too new.

6. amitsatpathy

amitsatpathy Regular Member

Systems Consultant
    Hi caspiali,

I have started using the Voltric 7 with the prestrung gutt. Day 1 (2 games) impression is very good at smashes and clears - min effort and max result, very crisp sound on the smashes. Little late for defense well that would be a matter of adaptability which should take maximum 8-10 hours of play.

7. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

I had the Voltric 7 too!! Its quite a good racket. It produces sharp soundings!!i'll rate it 4/5

8. amitsatpathy

Systems Consultant
    Update on Voltric 7:

My beginner friend took my VT 7 and played with it 3 games and he had few mishits in course, post game I observed paint has come out of my racquet frame at the mishit areas, with other models I have played Muscle Powers and Nano speeds this has not been the case earlier so fast or so soon, guess these taiwanese made models the paint job is not that great, if any body else has faces similar issues please share.

9. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    there are some model of VT7 and VT5 with butt cap written Made in Taiwan while others only have yonex logo on butt cap. which one is genuine?

10. amitsatpathy

Systems Consultant
    Update on the VT7 paint Job:
    The paint job is real bad, now the pain job is coming out easily off near the shaft and the frame joint where there is black paint, guess what the black paint on top of the red paint is too easily coming off as all beneath the black paint is the red paint all looking good.

11. adri4n

adri4n New Member

i guess its time to send the racket back to yonex for defect claim (unless the one u purchase is a fake)... i believe warranty cover the paint peel unless you're talking about clash with other rackets

12. justinloong

justinloong Regular Member

It's the same as my VT7 as well. You can see tiny paint starting to flake off at the shaft near the "Voltric 7" decals.

13. justinloong

Mine has the Made in Taiwan as a decal on the shaft. There's only the YY logo on the butt cap on mine.

14. justinloong

+1. I like this head heavy racquet as well.

15. amitsatpathy

Systems Consultant
    Update on VT7:

Changed the string to BG 68ti @ 24 lbs and what powerful this racquet becomes, suddenly I was hitting from baseline to waybeyond baseline with a little touch, have slowed down on my clear swing due to the increased power and smashes are like rocket of course you need to time it right f or tht.

16. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

VT5 head is heavy than VT7 ,...VT70 is medium shaft,VT80 is stiff,...
    VT5 and VT7 don't have "sound filter" like VT70 and VT80,...

17. justinloong

I think you shouldn't compare the lower range VT with the higher range. Look at the price difference. After all, you get what you pay. if I'm not mistaken, the higher range is for a different target market. I guess it's the same strategy with the all the Yonex product range. Lower price with slightly lower specs for entry level or intermediate players.
    But overall, I think and feel the VT7 is a great racquet.

18. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

it's the TS who want the review for all VT,i just tell him all the thing i know,.. :D
    i choose VT7 also,its a good racket,i'll keep it if the stringer strung my racket properly :p ,

19. justinloong

:D
    Yes, the problem is finding good stringers. :(

20. fiish

fiish Regular Member

Engineer
    I just got a VT5 to replace a broken racquet, looking forward to trying it out at my next session (it has fresh BG80 on it! :)). It looks good, aggressive colour and pattern like my Arcsaber 008.

Although you can't really see it, if you run your fingers around the frame it is ever so slightly thicker at 2, 10 and 6 o'clock, which I'm guessing is this Tri-Voltage system Yonex talk about. Not obvious bulges like on the VT70.