Junior MD racket recommendation please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KeirTuS, Apr 4, 2011.

1. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I've been playing badminton for my school for 2 years now.
    Always played men's doubles. Over the past 2 years, I've developed the low back-hand serve, drop shots, and clears. I'm an agile player, usually I'm the one diving for the bird, and my partner does all the smashing from the opponent's lifts.

Basically, our strategy is, I force them to hit high to our back court where my partner can smash it, 8 times out of 10 this works. However, I've been wanting to smash as well. For some odd reason, my smash always seems to end up as a clear if I don't jump. So, if I do a jump, the smash generally always goes down.

Anyway, onto the racket. I currently use Yonex Carbonex 6000DF. I've had it for 2 years, so it might be worn down. My partner said that my racket is a little heavy. So, I'm looking for a lighter racket, that's square-shaped head.

It'd probably be useful to say that I have a pretty strong stroke. I always seem to hit it out behind the opponents even when I'm in our back court.

Any suggestions would be perfect.

2. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

buuuumpity bump bumpp

also, it might be useful to add that i'm not looking to spend more than $100

3. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

Try the head nanopower 500. I used this when I first started and it was pretty amazing

4. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

how does that compare to yonex nanospeed 500? other than the price.

5. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

Well I would venture out and say that all low end yonex racquets are rubbish for their price and you are much better off with something from another brand. I don't know why but there is something about the shape of all low end yonex racquets that makes them feel like mediocre racquets. From my own personal experience on the NS500, it felt sort of head heavy but behaved like most other low end yonexes. Take it with a grain of salt since I'm still just a high school student with no more than five years of experience playing badminton.

6. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

The nano500 from head is looking good right. Thanks for your help!