Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Arc7_Canuck, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Arc7_Canuck

Arc7_Canuck New Member

IT
    Hello all,

I'm in Vancouver, Canada and have been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks now. I decided to join as this looks to be the perfect place for me to gain as much knowledge about badminton as possible! I am at a beginner level (been playing for about 6 months now) and I am hoping to get to an advanced level fairly soon ( I realize this takes time, effort and hard work). Currently I play about 3 nights a week, but i'm planning on substituting one of those nights with getting a coach to train me.

One of my biggest problems right now I feel is my movement around the court. I am fairly stocky at 179cm's and 95kg's. I am not fat or out of shape (I do hit the weights a lot), but I still find my mass hard to move around. This causes me to get to the shuttle late and as a result affects my shots. I have watched a lot of online videos on movement and it has helped slightly but I still find I cannot make sudden changes of direction.

Anyways that was long I know. Just want to say hello!:)

2. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to BadmintonCentral!

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Welcome. Where in Van do you play?

4. Arc7_Canuck

Arc7_Canuck New Member

IT
    Hey thanks for the welcome!

Madbad, I play at Cameron center (drop in) and IC (out in Delta...also drop in), but i'm always lookin for new places. What about you?