Racket recomendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by spidercrown, Apr 6, 2011.

1. spidercrown

spidercrown New Member

Engineer
    Dear all, I'm new to this forum :). Recently, I'm looking for a new racket, but i'm not too familiar with racket offered by all the brands. therefore need some advice from you..

Just some brief background about me, I currently using finnexx discovery TI (I believe most of you never heard of this brand :) ), it has flexible shaft, and quite even balance distribution with 3U4G rating. It was strung at 24-25lbs previously and i find it very nice to use, just enough power for me to hit to the back court, and decent speed when i do smashing. However, i found some stress line on the frame, which i believe is due to high tension on the string.

Recently, i re-string it to 22lbs, and i find my shot slow down a lot. extra effort needed to hit the shuttle to back court, and needless to say, smashing slow down quite a bit.
    I assume the over flexible shift and lower tension causing the repulsion delay?? So i decided to get a stiffer racquet (medium stiff may be..)

I had shortlisted arcsaber 7 (balance & medium stiff rating), however, the price is too expensive for me. Therefore, i'm considering to get other brand such as Victor, ashaway, apac or etc..

Do you know any model of racket from these brand that have such rating r quivalent to arc 7? I'll string the racket to at least 23lbs-24lbs.. btw, i don;t like too heavy head racket as i find it hard to recover after smashing. And if it is too light, i need extra effort to swing to do back to back shot as well as smash...

Thank you in advance...

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Brave sword 12
    Tantrum 200/300

These would fit your criteria.

3. spidercrown

spidercrown New Member

Engineer
    Hi Visor, thanks for your quick response, will visit the racket store to try out these rackets :).
    Any other racket worth trying?

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I believe the tantrum is stiff, not medium flex so would not suit the OP's desires.

Where I live, head and carlton racquets are generally cheaper than Yonex, but I'm not sure of their availablility elsewhere.

5. spidercrown

spidercrown New Member

Engineer
    Hi amleto, years back calrton was 2nd brand after yonex in m'sia (whr i come from). However, this brand can hardly be found now.. currently i'm in spore. Yonex no doubt is the easiest to find, followed by victor, apacs, ashaway..etc, oh not to forget LiNing

6. gollywog

gollywog Regular Member

carlton have some good rackets, the vapour trail tour is very popular and would fit the bill, or the air rage tour is a great all rounder and looks awesome too!

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Possibly so.

Another possibility is the rkep at800 that Eric has at squashmart on eBay. He's based in Taiwan. There have been some good reviews. Balanced and mid flex.