Help me to recommend a durable shoes.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by kaiyuan, Apr 8, 2011.

1. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    My ankle always got sprained because there is no power cushion in my badminton shoes. Please kindly help me to recommend a good badminton shoes which is durable, comfort and feel light? I don't mind to buy expensive shoes when it gives me quality and durability. Thank you in advance.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

There are lots of shoes out there but... cushion, or lack of, should not be the major cause of an ankle sprain. Keeping in mind that a "sprain" is the over stretching (or tearing) of the ligaments which hold bones together. Look to your footwork as well as a good shoe and insole. Don't forget to get a quality insole, buying an expensive shoe without also getting a good insole is a waste IMO.

Look in the shoe section for Dinkalots chart and discussion.

3. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    You're right. My footwork is okay just I always straight play doubles game without stretching. I thought if there is cushion will be better for my feet.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

Always, always stretch after a warm up and before playing a game. This is a basic for any sport.

Where exactly is the pain? I'm thinking that it sounds more like a strain (having to do with tendons and muscles) rather than a sprain.

5. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    Around my ankle there. I remember I drop down from jump smash, then I can't stand still after that. The pain was so painful that I can't even walk straight. I think it should be tendons strain. I hurt it on last two months, but the pain was gone last week. Unfortunately, the pain comes back this week again.

6. druss

druss Regular Member

Where exactly around the ankle? Front, side, back... etc. The major tendon at the back could be injured (small tear or other). I tore my achilles tendon (about 80%) 8 years ago and it took 8 months before I could play hard badminton again.

Keep in mind that if it's hurting, that's your body telling you something is wrong. If you don't give it time to heal properly then it will heal wrong and possibly create long term problems. Check with a doctor and if you can get an MRI to see if there is any serious damage.

7. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your advice. Any good shoes to recommend?