Strings about to break, need advice.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by deber, Apr 8, 2011.

1. deber

deber Regular Member

I use an Arc Saber 10, with BG 65 @25lbs (read a lot that it loses tension [10-20%?] so the idea was to play around 24lbs which i think it comfortable for me) and i noticed on the outside of the head it is frayed. so i know it should break soon.

Im thinking about switching strings. i play doubles, so will be in front and back but i think i want to try NBG 95. DinkALots review says NBG 95 holds tenshion a bit better then the BG 65 so sould i do it at 24 then? I think 25 is a bit to hard (my elbow hurts for about a month it seems untill the string loses tension)

Anyone have some advise about this string or a comparison of the 2? What might i expect the differences to be?

thanks for the replys.

2. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    Hi deber...

First of all u play with the ArcS10 till the string break!

I also use an Arcs10 with NBG 95 with 25lbs manually stringed....
    It seem ok for me as my style of play much towards offensive and I am a hard hitter so the NBG95 give me the correct reflection towards my game..

but for NBG98 the repulsion and control would be the most characteristic for the string and somehow will also reflect your style of play...

May I know your type of play? Offensive player... Defensive player.... Control player.... or All rounder.....??

3. deber

deber Regular Member

Ya, i always change the string after it breaks but next week i have a tournament and i dont want it snaping durning that. Id say im an all arounder. I dont feel that im the best in one area vs another. In my upcomming game my plan is to play the front more then the back.

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

It seems to me that your stringer is finely experienced in maintaining the stringing tension of BG65 with his stringing technique for a relatively longer period of time. In this case you don't have to string up to 25lbs to compensate for the immediate tension drop that most others experience (one man's bad luck may not be another's misfortune).

One reason that your string has frayed (on the outside of the head) [I take this as the string laying on top of the frame, not on the string bed], is that you have been swiping the racquet on the floor and damage the outside string. You may want to watch out for that.

Otherwise if you plan to play at the front more a thinner string with a more delicate feel should be appropriate. The strings to try would be NBG98 (if you want more durability, although it may feel slippery compared to BG65) or BG66UM (if you want absolute control and don't mind sacrificing durability).

5. deber

deber Regular Member

I decided to try to NBG 95 at 24lbs. Also since they have it in gold, i hope it will look great since i use the PG Arc saber 10. ill see if it feels much different then the BG 65 and ill keep in mind the NBG 98 for next time. thanks guys for the replys