TI SP SR w/ bg65TI

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by TI-SP-SS dude, Apr 16, 2003.

1. TI-SP-SS dude

TI-SP-SS dude Regular Member

USE a weak racket liek TI SP SR, and string it at 20, 21, or 22 lbs with bg 65 TI
    what will happen? will you get a light racket with superb power?

2. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    SR is head light.. therefore unless u are amazing you won't get eyepopping smashes.

3. TI-SP-SS dude

lol
    anyone else have any thoughts?

4. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    You gotta be kidding me....
    SR head light? That is like saying the Ti-10 is head light too. The SR is pretty head heavy, but not as head heavy as the Ti-10. The reason is lacks power is because it is too flexible.

A good combination for TISP SR is BG85 BG66 at 24lbs. That should do you good, if you are a strong person that likes the Ti-10...:D

5. TI-SP-SS dude

good idea!
    maybe i'll try that out!

6. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Well, another reason the SR isn't much of a power racquet is because it's 81g so it's pretty much more defensive than it is offensive due to the flex and weight of it.

Do you play plastic or feather? 24lbs for plastic would be asking for those strings to be broken that night.. if not then it's ok. I'd recommend like 22 or 23 though for power since higher tensions is more control than power since there's less bounce.

7. TI-SP-SS dude

what tension would be best for power?

8. TI-SP-SS dude

oh and i use plactic

9. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Try something like BG-80 then. Relatively thin string (0.68mm) and lots of kick. It lasts longer than BG66 and BG85. Even though it's made more for feather, it still works pretty well with plastic. It lasted 2 months for me until I saw a tear and I had to replace it for an upcoming tournament.

No one can tell you an exact tension that will suit your power. I'd probably start 21/23 and work my way up or down depending on how you like it.

10. TI-SP-SS dude

anyways what are you thoughts about SR strung with BG65ti?
    does it seem like a good combo for power?

11. flipinese_azn

flipinese_azn Regular Member

none
    im getting mine strung with bg-68 TI at 21 or 22...i'll let u know after monday

12. TI-SP-SS dude

k, hey check your pm

13. Smilley

Smilley Regular Member

IT Sec
    I own a Ti Sp SR and it's on BG 65Ti -- 22 pounds. I have been using Ti-10 for singles and found the Sp SR lacks a bit in smash power, understandable as it's only 81 grams and on softer tension compared to my Ti-10 on 24 pounds also on BG 65 Ti.

Don't get me wrong people, I like the racquet, it's light, good for defence and quick to manuveur for overhead and those difficult low backhand shots. I believe once the tension is up to 24 or 25 pounds, it will be a killer.

I will be trying out 24 or 25 pounds on this racquet when the current one breaks, I am hoping it will provide the same smashing sensation like my Ti-10.

Smilley.

14. TI-SP-SS dude

wouldn't that be the perfect racket!!!
    how would you compare the smash power that you get from your SR to other rackets? TI 7 long (odl version), ti 7 lite, ti10, TI SP SS, TI SP SX

15. Smilley

Smilley Regular Member

IT Sec
    I can only provide valid reviews and impression on my Ti-10. I have never tried the other racquet before in your list. One other racquet I tried out prior to buying the swing power was Muscle Power 88.

Between swing power and Muscle power 88, I will have to go for swing power, It has the perfect weight to power ratio for defence and offence I feel. You know when you pick a racket up and it it just feel right in your hand. Of course everyone has different preference.

As for the swing power SS and SX, unfortunately New Zealand doesn't import any of these model cause the weight to power differences on the SS and SX is very similar to the muscle power range. That's what I was told by the resellers but I reckon it's bull.

Smilley

16. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    sorry i meant flex, not head light..

17. TI-SP-SS dude

smilly,
    how long have you been playing? can you get strong smashes with your SR? y do you prefer ti 10 for singles over your SR? is it worth getting/and any good getting it if your an offensive player?

18. Smilley

Smilley Regular Member

IT Sec
    I have been playing badminton for a long time, to be exact 9 years plus and I have a very powerful smash. One of the more important things I look for in a racket is definitely it's smashing power.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was waiting to restring my swing power, now I'm using it for my singles. It's now on 24 pounds and it's really pushing out some power. I will say powerful as my Ti-10 and I have better control of my pwerful smashes. I had no trouble getting use it's flexibility compared to the Ti-10 very stiff shaft and i would also add that the flexible shaft from the swing power definitely provides that snapping effect like in a volleyball smasher.

I can tell you it's a very nice racket to have. You will have to try out all versions and swing with it, you will know when you find a racket that suits your strength level from our arms.

I consider myself a middle offense player, I do not have to offensive at all times and being in the middle provides powerful smashes when needed and control drops and net shops when required. The best fo both worlds.

You mentioned offensive player? I'll recommend trying out the SS version. It's 87 Grams and holds a higher tension.

Smilley

19. TI-SP-SS dude

Thank you for your opinion. What string and at what tension whould you think is best for TI SP SR for strong smashes?

I already use a SS, i find it not powerful enough and lacks control. SO that's why i dont use it.

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, I have my ISO-TI-SP-SR with BG68TI 20x21 pounds for 9 months now....
    For this string and this tension, the control is easy, but the power seems to be just fair......

Smashing is good, but not as powerful as head-heavy racquets.