User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    wah...so BOLEH? After beating KKK/TBH, they should have the ability n confidence to beat the likes of JJS/LYD, MK/HS, CY/FHF, etc? BOLEH?
    No, I didn't mean that but anyway why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    They stand no chance.

Beating KKK/TBH is something rather easy IF compare to the other top guns. So many pairs/scratch pairs/low-ranked pairs/74th WR pair/no WR pair did that before.
    That include you, dato a?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    That's one of the reason why I surprise a thread on Ow/Chooi is started so fast, cos I think they will change partner. Chooi physical strength not improved since his junior days? Every time I watch Chooi, I keep thinking he needs to take more muscle building vitamins, lol.

Ow with TBH, at international stage, I think Ow will get nervous(he does), still rookie. Interesting to watch though. After OG 2012, good to try out.
    I dun think Ow will get nervous, may be for the beginning short period . Ow has same type of character as Tan Boon Heong - very calm and like to plan they strategy .... Even Rexy sifu - Christian Hadinata like Tan Boon Heong style of palying !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the comment from md chief MD Tan Kim Her recently, after Ow Yao Han partner Tan Wee Keong to best Indonesia Olympic Champion Kido/Hendrawan...

“I’m also impressed with Yao Han as he is the one player in the doubles squad who has improved the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Ow was always the talented one from the youngsters, I never thought much of Chooi or Yew HK when I watched them during WJC. I think CKM is better than YKH though.

Among the young ones, I say Tan Wee Kiong, Mak Hee Chun, Goh Wei Shem are the other ones with talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time to revive this thread...!!

recent MAS GPG Ow/Chooi made it as runner-up losing to senior and MAS No.1 Koo/Tan. But I predict this young pair one day will become the next MAS No.1, only they not follow Koo/Tan's way (of destruction)...

currently their target ranking for this year to be top 30 in the world, hope they can make it happen...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are rank #256 as of last week. Way to go unless they win some big ones like the two (when they burst into the scene during their early years) who are going downhill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they beat KKK/TBH that day, i think they will targeted to be top 10 in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is better for Ow/Chooi to be in the thomas cup team instead of Hoon/Tan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This pair is ranked 134th with only ONE tournament, since they actually obtained zero ranking points from the Finnish Open due to giving walkover. (When Ow's father passed away) Pretty impressive!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of NST :

Do not ignore the others

By K.M. BOOPATHY | boopathy@mediaprima.com.my

PAY ATTENTION: BAM should focus more on Yao Han-Kah Ming and Nelson-Ee Yi There are others who need attention even as the BA of Malaysia is close to giving up on the misfiring Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

Two pairs of former world junior champions -- Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming and Nelson Heg-Teo Ee Yi -- have suffered due to the BAM's tendency to focus on the seniors.
    National doubles coach Tan Kim Her has started to rely on Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah and Tan Wee Kiong-Hoon Thien How for results following the decline of Kien Keat-Boon Heong.
    But that is only a short term solution and BAM should focus on developing its former world junior champions in the world's best.
    Yao Han-Kah Ming are currently ranked World No 30 without any significant results while Nelson-Ee Yi have not been making much headway, their only success was winning the Finnish Open.
    Their progress is not encouraging when they have been touted as the pairs who will be battling the seniors for tickets to the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
    In comparison in Indonesia, Angga Pratama, who played in the 2009 World Juniors with Rendy Sugiarto, has already established himself as the nation's No 2 while Ryan Agung Saputra is already ranked World No 8.
    Qiu Zihan of China, who competed in the 2008 World Juniors which saw Kah Ming reaching the semis with Pang Zheng Ling, is already an All England champion with Liu Xiaolong and they are currently ranked World No 6.
    Another player from the 2008 edition who has made the grade is South Korean Kim Ki Jung who is ranked World No 5 with Kim Sa Rang while Malaysians Mak Hee Chun-Teo Kok Siang, who were World Juniors champions, have vanished.
    Hee Chun was dropped from the national squad last year while Kok Siang is heading nowhere with Ong Jian Gup at the moment.
    Former international Cheah Soon Kit recently stressed the need for BAM and the men's doubles coaches, in particular, to push the juniors in order to have strong replacements as Kien Keat-Boon Heong's careers are not expected to last long but there is little progress in Yao Han-Kah Ming and Nelson-Ee Yi.
    "It is always good to have one or two strong back-up pairs to complement the seniors and if BAM and the coaches had put in the efforts, they will not be in the current situation where the senior pair is not performing and there are no capable young pairs," Soon Kit had said.
    Kim Her has given the two pairs plenty of exposure but what is lacking is the emphasis on them in training.
    Reshuffling the pairs could be an option after the World Championships but the new combination must be able to progress fast and make a strong impact in the next two years.
    The national junior programme based at Bukit Jalil Sports School is already struggling to produce top class talents and the onus is on Kim Her to ensure the current back-up pairs make the grade fast.

Teo Ee Yi and Nelson Heg (right) were world junior champions in 2011.

Read more: Do not ignore the others - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...#ixzz2UwfJpn7N

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

favoritism say it all

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most probably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its good boopathy writes and compare what the junior are getting inside BAM.
    when you have several world junior u18 to begin with what more do they want?
    This is really disgusting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2