Stores in Ottawa carrying VT80

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by yumyumtaco, Apr 9, 2011.

1. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

I really want to demo this racquet but my local sports experts(bayshore) is really slow with getting new racquets. (doesnt even have vt 70 yet) I just want to know if there are other stores in ottawa that I can go to for demos. Even being able to look at one and maybe do some dry swings is fine.

2. pARTout

pARTout Regular Member

I live in Gatineau, and I can tell you that there's no store such store in Ottawa/Gatineau region.
    I would say, eBay... It's sad but all my clubs friends who have goods rackets ordered them from eBay. Even our coaches tell us to do that, because here there no specialize shops.

I hope it help'd you. You can also try "squash_mart" for eBay. His stuff is 100% legit and he haves fair prices.

3. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I went to Bayshore recently and they had nothing in terms of new Yonex racquets... They used to have AT900P and all... But now... Nothing...

The RA Pro Shop has a VT70 in stock... But still no VT80...

4. yumyumtaco

Yeah I just checked the RA centre store last saturday since I was there for a tourney. There was a 4UG5 vt70 at the very front and I think one behind a bunch of rackets. The racket itself is really shiny and holographic looking in person. Maybe I'll check again at the end of the summer :p

5. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

If you are actually interested in the VT80... Talk to the clerk and ask if they can order one... The girl that works there told me that they can order stuff from Yonex if you are really interested... But if I remember correctly, the VT70 was like $240 - 250!!! So the VT80 might be like $280!!!!!!!!!!

6. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

7. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I paid CDN$240 (tax included) for my VT80 at a Tad's Sporting Goods in Vancouver, BC. It came with my choice of strings and grip. But it's definitely cheaper online. Posters in this forum have had no problems with...mybadmintonstore and shuttlehouse...so they seem to be pretty reputable online service. Given so many positive responses...I'm tempted to buy stuff online from them.

8. yumyumtaco

I would buy it online but what I really wanted was to demo it :(
    Getting a demo or even looking at it in person before buying is something I enjoy doing :/

9. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Well I guess I could help you out.... Because I did just get a VT80 which is AS coded... MAYBE we can meet up sometime and I can let you check it out....