Broken Arc Saber 7

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by steveott, Apr 11, 2011.

1. steveott

steveott New Member

Last November I purchased an Arc Saber 7 from an online retailer..

About two months ago I had it re-strung to 23lbs, from a local chap who has a restringing business, and is well known in the area.

Playing a match recently I played a backhand clear only to turn around and find my racket head had snapped during the shot.

So I sent the racket back to the retailer who then sent it on to Yonex UK.

They have since forwarded me the letter from Yonex with them refusing to replace the racket as they cannot find any manufacturing defect which could have caused the brake... however they dont go on to specify what caused it they just say that they use 'world-class' quality control etc...

Now as you can geuss I am fuming, £160 on a racket which they refuse to replace. I also kept the racket in perfect conditions and never once hit the floor with it..

Any advice on what I can do to take this further? I really don't want to let them get away with this one.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Nothing, once YY send you the letter saying that they deny any responsibility, then thats the end of it as far as they are concerned. I have seen many Arc7's break since they were released, so that does suggest that they are quite weak in the head.

So there is nothing you can do, apart from buy a new racket,

Where did you buy it from ? £160 is very high ! I saw it in November for £75.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is just a matter of luck. sometimes they replace it, sometimes they don't.

we have been hearing more and more cases where Yonex is tightening the replacement policy. which is really unfortunate as the replacement policy is one of the reason for buying local distributed YY (say from UK or US or CD) instead of buying from Asia.

sorry for your loss.