User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Consider the price difference a quality-o-life tax for living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
    If you say Vancouver is a beautiful city, weather suitable for Asians who don't mind the rain, close to USA, excellent chinese food especially in Richmond and seafood, mingle around in Vancouver and you think you are in HK, and most importantly, you have lots of $$$ or your daddy has tons and leaving it to you, then I agree Vancouver is the place to be in Canada.
    Quality of life to average Joe 6-pack and working stiff like my family or myself starting from nothing, would require us to work a lifetime and possibly still not paying off our mortgage, then comes home renovation, tax and more tax (HST), stress out at work only to barely make ends meet and figuring out how to send my kids to college, I don't think the quality of life is that good. Life is really too short.
    I was in Vancouver in 1989-1990 on contract assignment, I wish I had stayed then when housing is affordable, about 50% more than Calgary. Today, Vancouver average house is >2X Calgary. A recent article in Calgary newspaper cited income in Calgary and Toronto is 15-20% more than Vancouver, so now with average house costing C$1M each in Vancouver, that would be real stress for a lot of people. And also, Vancouver in on the earthquake grid, who knows when or if? In 1989 I was told very few high rise buildings are designed to withstand earthquake. Today, 22 years later, how many buildings are designed so, especially when in downtown, the buildings are so close together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saw the spanish team practicing at clear one tonight, their MS Pablo Aiban was just playing around, but did see a pretty impressive backhand smash...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    After watching Li Gen play, I don't think he can make it to the next level. Way too casual and seems to take too many chances. I was quite impressed with Li Gen's hair though
    ..i don't know whether he realizes it or not or just plain doesn't care about his play but i've been seeing that from him @ last yr's WJC in Mexico and nothing really has changed from him..
    But yeah, i concur, his hairdo probably has gotten a bit stylish (i thought yours would come close to looking like his~from the pic)...and if he gets eliminated early, wait til you see him pull out his disco/boxing shoes and attires~should be more fun for him & his younger teammates in Van-town than in O.C./L.A...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if your dad is the emperor. and if the emperor says he gets into 1st team and no one dare to object, then where's the motivation of working hard?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ergo, nepotism in motion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If you say Vancouver is a beautiful city, weather suitable for Asians who don't mind the rain, close to USA, excellent chinese food especially in Richmond and seafood, mingle around in Vancouver and you think you are in HK, and most importantly, you have lots of $$$ or your daddy has tons and leaving it to you, then I agree Vancouver is the place to be in Canada.
    Quality of life to average Joe 6-pack and working stiff like my family or myself starting from nothing, would require us to work a lifetime and possibly still not paying off our mortgage, then comes home renovation, tax and more tax (HST), stress out at work only to barely make ends meet and figuring out how to send my kids to college, I don't think the quality of life is that good. Life is really too short.
    I was in Vancouver in 1989-1990 on contract assignment, I wish I had stayed then when housing is affordable, about 50% more than Calgary. Today, Vancouver average house is >2X Calgary. A recent article in Calgary newspaper cited income in Calgary and Toronto is 15-20% more than Vancouver, so now with average house costing C$1M each in Vancouver, that would be real stress for a lot of people. And also, Vancouver in on the earthquake grid, who knows when or if? In 1989 I was told very few high rise buildings are designed to withstand earthquake. Today, 22 years later, how many buildings are designed so, especially when in downtown, the buildings are so close together
    Yes, the property prices in Vancouver has risen more than tenfold since the eighties.
    The views from those Coal Harbour condos are so nice .
    It is indeed perplexing that they, despite the need to curb urban sprawl, have clustered so many highrises together when nearby Vancouver Island has a history of frequent strong earthquakes. It will be a nightmare for rescue personnel if one is to hit the city itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Mighty Minatsu will beat Sapsiree later today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Canada is probably one of the few countries where Brice Leverdex's name is pronounced correctly

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean Brice Leverdez?
    Not sure what percentage of Canadians could pronounce (or spell) it correctly, especially out West or far East.

And, with due respect, I'll hope for Sapsiree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    You mean Brice Leverdez?
    Not sure what percentage of Canadians could pronounce (or spell) it correctly, especially out West or far East.

And, with due respect, I'll hope for Sapsiree.
    Oops, pressed the wrong letter in a hurry.
    Isn't French also taken as a language for all Canadians?
    Ha ha, to each his own. C'est tout

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Badminton Life is livestreaming XD Canadians Ng/Chan vs Li/Yu. (Golly, Chan looks like a juvenille giraffe with those long legs.)

Not sure how well any Canadians are going to do in this tourney, but in MS Kai Dan and Stefan Wojcikiewicz have reached the second round.

Looking forward to updates from people who are actually there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live streaming LYD's Mixed Doubles match now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

10.30 pm EST and no livescore on TS...
    TH is messing aorund with Anthony Dumartheray on camera court...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

and the match is over, 21-x (don't know) 21-13
    Oh, btw, Taufik won.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i see this live stream?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there're 7 JPN representatives at R/16 of WS with two matches will stage all-JPN-affair.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

li gen:say good bye
    he cant even beat austria player

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast